Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 04-13-2006, 03:12 AM   #1
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: STAReBOOK, iRex Iliad, Sony 505, Kindle 2
Found via Teleread.org: Two Articles about the Iliad

http://www.onlinejournalismus.de/200...zum-mitnehmen/

On this German site you can find two articles about the iRex Iliad and some information about the Sony Librié and Reader.

The first article is about the "De Tijd" project and in my opinion is rather weak.

The Second article

http://www.onlinejournalismus.de/200...ne-konkurrenz/

is a bit more interesting and contains some information about the business partners iRex has, and a pretty bold claim "we built the Sony Librié, sony just did the plastic casing and the buttons"

Teleread has a brief translation, so check it out over there. if you have trouble understanding some passages then don't be shy and ask one of our german-speaking members (like alexander and me... )

the Teleread article is here: http://www.teleread.org/blog/?p=4648

Last edited by CommanderROR; 04-13-2006 at 03:32 AM.
CommanderROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 09:01 AM   #2
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Ahh the article appeared in the Schweizer Sonntags Zeitung which I occasionally read - when I have a lot of time

I agree with you, it's kinda funny that Mr. Endhoven of iRex is disqualifying Sony for its Sony Librie. Who cares if Philips was the ODM of the Librie - it's all about E Ink technology and neither iRex nor Sony has a saying in this.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-13-2006, 09:35 AM   #3
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

If you ask me...the whole article is a bit goofy...I don#t know what kind of nespaper this was from, but it doesn't sound all that professional to my ears...

Oh by the way Alexander...could you perhaps put the "Mobipocket for Iliad" topic on the frontpage in some form or other? I tried asking people to speak up over at the mobipocket forum, but either nobody cares or nobody noticed.

I'm not sure what they are waiting for, but maybe a show of "customer interest" could make a difference.
And if it doesn't...well it was worth a try...
Old 04-13-2006, 12:25 PM   #4
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Will do later. Btw here is the link to the original Sonntagszeitung article:
http://www.sonntagszeitung.ch/dyn/ne...ia/605037.html
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 05:39 PM   #5
CommanderROR
eink fanatic

Thanks!
Advert
Old 04-18-2006, 10:18 AM   #6
CommanderROR
eink fanatic

http://www.nxtbook.fr/nxtbooks/ifra/...ba7377f782ab5d

this seems to be another "review" of the device.
Found via http://jaredandjenny.net/weblog/?page_id=268