Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 11-20-2009, 07:30 AM   #1
suecsi
Rock Chick
suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Kindle 2i, Kindle DX, Kindle 3G
Question Wrong Format Book on Fictionwise Bookshelf?

Anyone ever have this problem?

Just bought a Mobipocket format book today from Fictionwise. It was a 50% rebate deal so couldn't resist.

Went to download and it said I needed to put in my card number to download as its a secure ereader book!

Thought maybe I had made an error but I checked the purchase receipt from Fictionwise and it definitely shows a Mobipocket format has been purchased - so they have put the wrong format on my bookshelf. E-reader is no use to me!

I have submitted a ticket through support to get them to change my bookshelf, so will see what happens as there seems to be mixed reviews of Fictionwise support on the forums.
suecsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 07:39 AM   #2
luqmaninbmore
Da'i
luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Toshiba Thrive, Kobo Touch, Kindle 1, Aluratek Libre, T-Mobile Comet
Quote:
Originally Posted by suecsi View Post
Anyone ever have this problem?

Just bought a Mobipocket format book today from Fictionwise. It was a 50% rebate deal so couldn't resist.

Went to download and it said I needed to put in my card number to download as its a secure ereader book!

Thought maybe I had made an error but I checked the purchase receipt from Fictionwise and it definitely shows a Mobipocket format has been purchased - so they have put the wrong format on my bookshelf. E-reader is no use to me!

I have submitted a ticket through support to get them to change my bookshelf, so will see what happens as there seems to be mixed reviews of Fictionwise support on the forums.
Given that you have a 505, I am going to assume that your are going to strip the DRM. Just in case things don't work out, you can also strip the DRM from the eReader book and run it through calibre to reformat it into an LRF or EPUB. I've had nice results with my eReader books.
luqmaninbmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-20-2009, 07:45 AM   #3
suecsi
Rock Chick
suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

I didn't think ereader drm was strippable?
Old 11-20-2009, 07:46 AM   #4
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20407
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 07:53 AM   #5
suecsi
Rock Chick

The ereader version also comes up as Geographically Restricted, as you need to put the CC number in and it checks. Mobipocket is easier to work round the Geographic Restrictions (which is another reason I buy it).
Advert
Old 11-20-2009, 09:00 AM   #6
suecsi
Rock Chick

Fictionwise are definitely having a moment as if I select the option on my bookshelf to only display Mobipocket books, it displays them all plus the Dean Koontz one. So their system thinks it has given me a Mobipocket book.

When I go to download, it says, as before,

Quote:
Credit Card Validation

Fictionwise accepts VISA, Mastercard, American Express, and Discover

PLEASE NOTE: Your card will NOT be charged. Secure eReader (recommended) eBooks require a valid credit card number as a key to unlock them. This information will only be used as a key to encrypt the Secure eReader (recommended) eBook file.
If I select the option to display Ereader books, nothing comes up.
Old 11-20-2009, 09:49 AM   #7
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Then the book in your bookshelf is a Mobipocket format book, but it's a geographically restricted book, and they want your CC to check that you are where you say you are.

They just haven't changed the text of the message correctly.

You could try downloading through a proxy, which might eliminate the CC check.

regards,

Paul

Quote:
Fictionwise are definitely having a moment as if I select the option on my bookshelf to only display Mobipocket books, it displays them all plus the Dean Koontz one. So their system thinks it has given me a Mobipocket book.

When I go to download, it says, as before,

If I select the option to display Ereader books, nothing comes up.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 10:17 AM   #8
suecsi
Rock Chick

I don't think it's that because I can still download other Mobipocket books that I have purchased with the same geographic restrictions on. It definitely says 'Secure E-Reader' on the download link, but Mobipocket on the purchase receipt.
Old 11-20-2009, 10:20 AM   #9
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I don't think it's that because I can still download other Mobipocket books that I have purchased with the same geographic restrictions on. It definitely says 'Secure E-Reader' on the download link, but Mobipocket on the purchase receipt.
Oh. How peculiar. Then fictionwise support is your only option. I haven't ever seen this, but I haven't bought much recently.

Paul

Last edited by pdurrant; 11-20-2009 at 12:22 PM. Reason: Missed an 'n' off 'Then'!
Old 11-20-2009, 10:44 AM   #10
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Do you have the email receipt to see what exactly you bought? It could be you accidentally bought the wrong format.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 10:48 AM   #11
Riocaz
Fulfilled but not by iRex
Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Far too many
Quote:
looks that way Jwolf
Riocaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 11:08 AM   #12
suecsi
Rock Chick

yep - this is what the email receipt says:-

Quote:
Thank you for ordering from Fictionwise.com! If you need assistance with your order, please do not respond to this email, see help links and downloading instructions below.

You ordered:

9.99 - 1 * Your Heart Belongs to Me [Secure Mobipocket] by Dean Koontz
-----
9.99 - Total

9.99 - *Rebate (Added to your Micropay account)

You paid using: PayPal
I have had emails from two different people at Fictionwise so far, both insisting that the books on my shelf are all Mobipocket. I have taken a screen shot of the shelf and the bit after trying to download that says ' Secure EReader'. I can't make it any clearer than that!
Old 11-20-2009, 11:18 AM   #13
suecsi
Rock Chick

Thumbs up

Yippee!

After a bit of to and fro email traffic, I refreshed my bookshelf and it has changed to Mobipocket, which I have successfully downloaded. I'm impressed with the turnaround on this so that's thumbs up for Fictionwise!
Old 11-20-2009, 11:26 AM   #14
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Good news. And a very weird error.

Quote:
Yippee!

After a bit of to and fro email traffic, I refreshed my bookshelf and it has changed to Mobipocket, which I have successfully downloaded. I'm impressed with the turnaround on this so that's thumbs up for Fictionwise!
Old 11-23-2009, 11:44 AM   #15
suecsi
Rock Chick

They're doing it again - just bought Clapton: An Autobiography - as there is a 25% coupon at the moment. Once again it has gone onto my bookshelf as ereader format, asking for a credit card. This is proving very annoying.