Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Recipes

Notices

Old 05-24-2011, 04:11 PM   #1
PoP
 curly᷂͓̫̙᷊̥̮̾ͯͤͭͬͦͨ ʎʌɹnɔ
PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3₃.₄.₃ PW3&4₅.₁₃.₃
Recipe for Cypresse (need help)

I am trying to edit the "Cyberpresse" recipe (authored by balok and Sujata Raman) to remove the text in the red rectangle which appears at the end of every article:
Click image for larger version

Name:	example.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	107.7 KB
ID:	71827

I have succeeded chosing my preferred feeds and in removing "publicité" by adding the class 'pub' to the 'div' removed_tags (modified recipe):

Name:	modified recipe.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	223.5 KB
ID:	71825

But I don't know how to remove the "Parta"and "Tweet" (sample source html showing the end of an article):

Name:	source html.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	188.6 KB
ID:	71826

Your help would be much appeciated.
PoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 04:03 PM   #2
PoP
PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I solved my own problem! I removed table entries "td" using "remove_tags".

Here is the edited recipe:
Spoiler:
from calibre.web.feeds.news import BasicNewsRecipe

class Cyberpresse(BasicNewsRecipe):

title = u'Cyberpresse'
__author__ = 'balok and Sujata Raman'
description = 'Canadian news in French'
language = 'fr'

oldest_article = 7
max_articles_per_feed = 100
no_stylesheets = True
remove_javascript = True
html2lrf_options = ['--left-margin=0','--right-margin=0','--top-margin=0','--bottom-margin=0']
encoding = 'utf-8'

keep_only_tags = [dict(name='div', attrs={'class':'article-page'}),
dict(name='div', attrs={'id':'articlePage'}),
]

extra_css = '''
.photodata{font-family:Arial,Helvetica,Verdana,sans-serif;color: #999999; font-size: 90%; }
h1{font-family:Georgia,Times,serif ; font-size: large; }
.amorce{font-family:Arial,Helvetica,Verdana,sans-serif; font-weight:bold;}
.article-page{font-family:Arial,Helvetica,Verdana,sans-serif; font-size: x-small;}
#articlePage{font-family:Arial,Helvetica,Verdana,sans-serif; font-size: x-small;}
.auteur{font-family:Georgia,Times,sans-serif; font-size: 90%; color:#006699 ;}
.bodyText{font-family:Arial,Helvetica,Verdana,sans-serif; font-size: x-small;}
.byLine{font-family:Arial,Helvetica,Verdana,sans-serif; font-size: 90%;}
.entry{font-family:Arial,Helvetica,Verdana,sans-serif; font-size: x-small;}
.minithumb-auteurs{font-family:Arial,Helvetica,Verdana,sans-serif; font-size: 90%; }
a{color:#003399; font-weight:bold; }
'''

remove_tags = [
dict(name='div', attrs={'class':['centerbar','colspan','share-module','pub']}),
dict(name='p', attrs={'class':['zoom']}),
dict(name='ul', attrs={'class':['stories']}),
dict(name='h4', attrs={'class':['general-cat']}),
dict(name='td'),
]

feeds = [(u'Manchettes', u'http://www.cyberpresse.ca/rss/225.xml'),
(u'Capitale nationale', u'http://www.cyberpresse.ca/rss/501.xml'),
(u'International', u'http://www.cyberpresse.ca/rss/179.xml'),
(u'Pierre Foglia', u'http://www.cyberpresse.ca/rss/941.xml')
]

def postprocess_html(self, soup, first):

for tag in soup.findAll(name=['i','strong']):
tag.name = 'div'

return soup

It looks ok, the "parta"and "tweet" are gone now but I don't understand if I could have broken anything else in the recipe.
Advert
Old 06-01-2011, 04:08 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Removing td will remove everything from every table everywhere. If any article contains a table in its contents, that table will be removed.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 04:24 PM   #4
PoP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Removing td will remove everything from every table everywhere. If any article contains a table in its contents, that table will be removed.
I just gambled that tables must be uncommon inside articles... Well, I will keep working at it then, I just don't know enough to specifiy *that* table instead of *all* tables. Thanks.
Old 06-01-2011, 04:32 PM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
The trick is to look for some attribute on the table of one of its parent tags that is likely to be unique. Ideally an id attribute but if not a class or style.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert