Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 02-15-2011, 11:54 AM   #1
maurices5000
Connoisseur
maurices5000 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Webpage with Pictures to MOBI or EPUB

I've not dealt with any webpage conversions. I'm new to this. A friend of mine is creating an online magazine and wants to sell some articles on Amazon.

I explained the easiest way to convert a book is to send it to his Kindle address. the problem he is having is that his books don't include the pictures linked via HTML.

But now he is converting webpages. I have Calibre and I've learned some easy stuff like converting my ebooks to different formats.

Do i need to Zip the HTML and import it as a Zipped file to be able to include the pictures from a web page into an eBook?

I did a search but i could not find any relevant articles.

Thanks!
maurices5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 12:28 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by maurices5000 View Post
I've not dealt with any webpage conversions. I'm new to this. A friend of mine is creating an online magazine and wants to sell some articles on Amazon.

I explained the easiest way to convert a book is to send it to his Kindle address. the problem he is having is that his books don't include the pictures linked via HTML.

But now he is converting webpages. I have Calibre and I've learned some easy stuff like converting my ebooks to different formats.

Do i need to Zip the HTML and import it as a Zipped file to be able to include the pictures from a web page into an eBook?

I did a search but i could not find any relevant articles.

Thanks!
I think the fist step is "save Page As" in a Browser. This saves the current page AND a folder with the all the 'accessories' :P .
Then Zip the Page and folder together (to keep them tat way). Calibre can deal with the Zipped package.
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
calibre, html, picture, webpage