Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 03-28-2009, 01:02 AM   #1
jodyfaison
jodyfaison began at the beginning.

Device: KINDLE 2
Hello From Nashville

Hi,
So glad to have found you guys, now I must find out what to do with an *.imp file.
jodyfaison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 07:57 AM   #2
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi jodyfaison and welcome to MobileRead
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 02:47 PM   #3
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Hello Jody -- and welcome to MobileRead. I see you have a Kindle 2. Do you like it? What have you been reading on it?

I don't know where you picked up the .imp file, but it's not going to work on your Kindle. These files are intended to be read on a device from eBookwise. (There is a emulator you can run on a Windows PC if you really want to read this book, though.) Rather than the .imp file, you'll want to go back to the place you got the .imp file and see if they offer the same book in Mobipocket format. This format comes as .prc or .mobi (and sometimes just for the Kindle, .azw).

Be sure to check out the thousands of books in Mobipocket format stored right here at MobileRead -- and then jump right into discussions here and help us get to know you.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 02:52 AM   #4
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
Welcome to the board! I just found out what an .imp file is myself today.

I hope you get settled in!
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 06:33 AM   #5
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by jodyfaison View Post
Hi,
So glad to have found you guys, now I must find out what to do with an *.imp file.
Hey, there, you! Yes, YOU!!! -- WELCOME!

I was born in Nashville and, as you know, that makes me a Southern Gentleman, with my good manners and nice Southern Ways.

Let us know if you need some help or advice.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote