Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-15-2012, 07:47 AM   #1
duren
duren began at the beginning.

Device: none
Lightbulb Row height is too big after my computer crash

Hi,

during download metadata with my calibre 0.9.x somehow in the midle of the process my computer shutdown

after i turn-on again, now my library row height is too big, i try to change preference but still same event after restart calibre and computer

anyone know how to change row height to original?

thx
duren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:20 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by duren View Post
Hi,

during download metadata with my calibre 0.9.x somehow in the midle of the process my computer shutdown

after i turn-on again, now my library row height is too big, i try to change preference but still same event after restart calibre and computer

anyone know how to change row height to original?

thx
are we talking about the rows in the Library view? Preferences: Look and Feel: Main Interface (Tab):
There are a few things here that affect the Calibre UI:
The Style (top line)
Interface Font <- this gets out of whack with what is available due to Windows Changing system font names during updates. Liberation is a Free font (I think Calibre supplies)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-15-2012, 02:38 PM   #3
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
I had this same thing happen to me one day, I didn't have a crash though, the wider row height just appeared out of nowhere, and yes, it was annoying. I couldn't find any setting that controlled it through. Next time I rebooted and restarted Calibre though, rows were back to normal again. I still don't have a clue why it happened, I just chalked it up to some glitch.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 05:19 PM   #4
DuskyRose
Guru
DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Palma, Kdle Scribe & Paperwhite, Kobo Eclipsa 2e & Libra 2, Ipads
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripplinger View Post
I had this same thing happen to me one day, I didn't have a crash though, the wider row height just appeared out of nowhere, and yes, it was annoying. I couldn't find any setting that controlled it through. Next time I rebooted and restarted Calibre though, rows were back to normal again. I still don't have a clue why it happened, I just chalked it up to some glitch.
Pretty much the same here.

Closed Calibre, then later turn it back on and the wider row height appeared. Same size text, but the row was twice as tall as it used to be. Checked to see if I'd bumped setting somewhere, but didn't find anything to change.

Closed it, opened it back up, and the rows were normal again.

Don't have any idea what triggered it.
DuskyRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 08:47 PM   #5
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
Oddly enough this happened to me yesterday for a short time. I had Calibre open with a specific search showing only one author, plugged in my reader and the reader page had the double height for the book list. Unplugged the reader, and next time I plugged it in, column height was back to normal. I thought maybe connecting the reader while a search was active was the cause, but I sure can't get it to duplicate the double height repeating the steps exactly.

Btw, this only happens under the device view, it's never happened for the library view for me.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert