Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 06-15-2011, 11:23 PM   #61
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnageddon View Post
Via google. Yes.
That's also where I'm getting my quotes from. lol.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 11:30 PM   #62
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...
Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650. Kobo Touch, Kindle Fire
You don't think I posted that Speech about bosoms from memory?
Donnageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 11:35 PM   #63
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...
Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lestatar View Post
^ <facepalm> zomg, what a moron. completely forgot about the omnipotent powers of Google!

Points to you all for being so honest

Need. More. Clues.
I think we need to be on the honor system. If you have to look it up, don't post the answer. For the record my posted guesses so far have been arrived at googleless. Ie. Not by cheating.

Scouts honor!
Old 06-15-2011, 11:44 PM   #64
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
You don't think I posted that Speech about bosoms from memory?
Nope. Though I do remember who was in that scene. Terry Thomas and Milton Berle. A great scene in a great comedy.
Old 06-16-2011, 12:01 AM   #65
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...

And Jonathan Winters riding a little girls bike. Hell, there ain't scene in the movie that isn't memorable.
Old 06-16-2011, 01:35 AM   #66
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...

Crich70, I think you should give more clues, or admit that, while the movie your dialogue came from might be great, only 42 people have actually even heard of it.
Old 06-16-2011, 02:03 AM   #67
Solitaire1
Samurai Lizard
Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NookColor
Quote:
And Jonathan Winters riding a little girls bike. Hell, there ain't scene in the movie that isn't memorable.
Not to mention his single-handed hands-on destruction of a gas station.
Solitaire1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 03:35 AM   #68
crich70
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Crich70, I think you should give more clues, or admit that, while the movie your dialogue came from might be great, only 42 people have actually even heard of it.
Well it's not a Douglas Adams based movie. lol.

"Houses... are alive. This is something we know. News from our nerve endings. If we're quiet, if we listen, we can hear houses breath. Sometimes, in the depth of the night, you can even hear them groan. It's as if they were having bad dreams. A good house cradles and comforts, a basd one fills us with instinctive unease. Bad houses hate our warmth and our human-ness. That blind hate of our humanity is what we mean when we use the word 'haunted'. "
Old 06-16-2011, 03:37 AM   #69
crich70
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solitaire1 View Post
Not to mention his single-handed hands-on destruction of a gas station.
I understand that when they filmed that scene Arnold Stang (one of the two owners of the gas station) actually had one of his arms in a cast. That must have been physically demanding, to do some of what they did with a broken arm.
Old 06-16-2011, 04:57 AM   #70
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
I think we need to be on the honor system. If you have to look it up, don't post the answer. For the record my posted guesses so far have been arrived at googleless. Ie. Not by cheating.

Scouts honor!
I'm with you there - same with the Quiz thread. If I get really frustrated with not being able to work it out, I will Google, but then drop out of the guessing.

I have *no* idea what the current one is though, and don't think I can even take an intelligent guess. It must be fairly old if Terry Thomas is in it.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 06:41 AM   #71
AkumaTakeshi
Lounge Lurker
AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi (Screen Broken)
Hum, I think I know this one, it's a Stephen King one?
AkumaTakeshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 12:35 PM   #72
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkumaTakeshi View Post
Hum, I think I know this one, it's a Stephen King one?
By the powers vested in me as a cheater (for this film), I can tell you that you are on the right path.
Old 06-16-2011, 12:57 PM   #73
lestatar
LB's lolz Mutt Minion
lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, GalaxyTab, BB Bold9700, BB 8300, Sony Clie, Palm Vx, Palm III
Me too but I also cheated.

Man, crich70 is really good at this game! Though TBH, I was thinking easier ones at the start of this thread to maybe jumpstart some more widespread interest.

No worries though crich70! Keep on!
lestatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 01:31 PM   #74
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
The Stand?

(My guess is based on two things posted - "Gas station" & "Stephen King")
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 01:58 PM   #75
crich70
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyssa View Post
The Stand?

(My guess is based on two things posted - "Gas station" & "Stephen King")
Nope. Right author but wrong movie.

"Sweetheart, taking Annie into a genuinely haunted house? I mean that's like using your cigarette lighter to see how full your gas tank is! "