Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 08-07-2010, 02:34 PM   #16
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
No, the modem update had to be downloaded. Call Apple. They told me exactly what to do.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 09:22 AM   #17
Sischa
Evangelist
Sischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it is

Device: Nokia 770, Ilead, Cybook G3, Kindle DX, Kindle 2, iPad, Kindle 3, PW
Did you do the Software update on your iPad?

After the last Update for the iPad all my WiFi problems are gone. Before i had the same problems like disconnects, the IP resolve problem (even after i choose a fix IP for my iPad) and Network issues in several places at my house.

After the update these issues are history ...
Sischa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 11:51 AM   #18
Maggie Leung
Wizard
Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.

Device: Kindle, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sischa View Post
Did you do the Software update on your iPad?

After the last Update for the iPad all my WiFi problems are gone. Before i had the same problems like disconnects, the IP resolve problem (even after i choose a fix IP for my iPad) and Network issues in several places at my house.

After the update these issues are history ...
Ditto.

Annoyingly, my wi-fi has always been iffy in parts of my house, despite lots of tinkering. After the iPad software update, my iPad wi-fi connection works perfectly, but my netbooks and laptop still lose connection from time to time. Good thing is, I rarely use my netbooks and laptop now, because I use my iPad.

The software update is the key difference in my case, because because I'd already done all the troubleshooting suggested by Apple and was still dropping my connection. I chalked it up to my iffy wi-fi. I ended up using 3G anyway. Then recently, I replaced my SIM card and AT&T goofed in linking it to my account, so I had to use wi-fi temporarily. Zero dropped connections this time. That remained the case even after AT&T asked me to restore all network settings to factory original, to link my new SIM card. Now I alternate between wi-fi and 3G for convenience and speed.
Maggie Leung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 08:40 AM   #19
badersk
badersk began at the beginning.

Same thing on your computers. Set them up on fixed IPs and you have less trouble with them.
badersk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 09:05 AM   #20
Maggie Leung
Wizard
Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.

Device: Kindle, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by badersk View Post
Same thing on your computers. Set them up on fixed IPs and you have less trouble with them.
Already did this. Hasn't helped, unfortunately.
Maggie Leung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 06:47 AM   #21
badersk
badersk began at the beginning.

Do they all have the same workgroup name?
badersk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 11:19 PM   #22
Johannes
Enthusiast
Johannes began at the beginning.

Device: Apple iPad
Upgrading from 3.2 to 3.2.2 does the trick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sischa View Post
Did you do the Software update on your iPad
Finally managed to do so. Unfortunately the Apple help line didn't work for me. It turned out that as I had my iPad for slightly more than three months, the complementary free service period was over. Anyway... it took some time and effort, but have managed to upgrade to version 3.2.2. And... the problems seem gone. Thanks all for the help.
Johannes is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ipad, wifi