Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-06-2010, 04:11 AM   #241
JJHamster
JJHamster began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Ordered my 3G version on the 12th of August - still got the "We'll notify you via e-mail when we have an estimated delivery date" message. Looks like UK dispatch is running behind that in the US?
Regards,
James
PS first post - hi to all!
JJHamster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 04:28 AM   #242
captkjaneway
Cockney Sci-Fi Geek!
captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Samsung Tab S 8.4", Samsung S6 Edge
Hi JJ - mine was a 10th August order (Wifi and 3G) and I was expected to see a dispatch date of 8th Sept. Yours should be in that batch as Amazon CS told me that was for all orders from 6th-13th August.

Give 'em a call!
captkjaneway is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-06-2010, 05:18 AM   #243
Kevin2960
YODA's Uglier Twin
Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-600 and 2 Kindle 3's - and now a K4 + HTC Desire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by captkjaneway View Post
Hi JJ - mine was a 10th August order (Wifi and 3G) and I was expected to see a dispatch date of 8th Sept. Yours should be in that batch as Amazon CS told me that was for all orders from 6th-13th August.

Give 'em a call!
ordered our 2 wifi and 3g on 9th august recieved both perfect

on september 4th thie great using now to post this
Kevin2960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 11:56 AM   #244
abigsmurf
Enthusiast
abigsmurf began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
No news for me yet but I only ordered a week ago. Hoping I get news soon or else I'll order something else. I'm a bit impatient...
abigsmurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 03:49 PM   #245
DMB
Old Git
DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Two kindle PWs wifi, kindle fire, iPad3 wifi
My husband finally brought mine form the UK. I love it already!
DMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-06-2010, 04:37 PM   #246
bluemoonjules
Connoisseur
bluemoonjules is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle 3G
Ordered on 2nd August, despatched 31st.....3G version.

Had initial problem in that it wasn't registered, and I couldn't get it to register..... Kindle support very patiently tried various things until it was sorted, and I now have books previously purchased and downloaded to my PC on the Kindle - seems fab so far!
bluemoonjules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 05:06 PM   #247
-walsh-
Enthusiast
-walsh- began at the beginning.

dispatched today and I ordered it on August 7! seems longer than others?
-walsh- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 05:43 PM   #248
bluemoonjules
Connoisseur
bluemoonjules is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle 3G
oops...duplicate
bluemoonjules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 11:04 AM   #249
JJHamster

Still no move from the "We'll notify you via e-mail" message on my 12th August order - maybe they have run out in the UK.
Old 09-08-2010, 04:17 AM   #250
captkjaneway
Cockney Sci-Fi Geek!
captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Funnily enough mine still hasn't moved, even though I was told it would ship today or before. Not going to have for my holibobs now
Old 09-08-2010, 04:57 AM   #251
church mouse
Evangelist
church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kobo Clara HD, Kobo H2O, Boox Poke 2
I ordered a wi-fi K3 on 14th August and received a message this morning that it should be here by Friday.
church mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 05:50 AM   #252
shanghaichica
Guru
shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Scribe,Kindle Oasis 3, iPad Pro 11, iPhone 13 Pro Max,iPad mini 6, PW5
I think they have just got in a large order of the wifi models which is why people who ordered those seem to be seeing some progress with their orders. At the moment the 3G seems to be out of stock, but they may very well get another batch of 3G in soon.
shanghaichica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 05:50 AM   #253
JJHamster

Guess its the 3G stock that is short supply?
Old 09-08-2010, 07:16 AM   #254
captkjaneway
Cockney Sci-Fi Geek!

Called CS again and apparently the expected delivery of the 3G/Wifi models has not materialised and they cannot give me a firm delivery date.

Changed delivery option back to Super Saver as I am away for a week soon, and don't want the blessed thing either siting in my local postal depot or being sent back to Amazon in my absence.

Desperately close to throwing my dummy out of the pram and having a stamping my feet type tantrum because I want to play oh so much with mine.
Old 09-08-2010, 07:42 AM   #255
JJHamster

I wonder if returns due to the mystery rattle and system crashes take priority over the waiting list?