Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-05-2010, 11:08 PM   #16
advocate2
My Kingdom for Karma
advocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the rough

Device: Sony 350, 650, 950, Nook Color
Geometry is not my strong suit, but 1 inch on the diagonal will be less than that on the length.

I received the email from Best Buy on New Year's day saying my order was still backordered, but I have not received an email saying it will be moved out sixty days. I hope I didn't jinx myself. The Daily Edition Web page at Best Buy still has an estimate delivery of January 18 to February 2, so I am surprised that a 60 day delay is showing up in email notices.

Mom, they might have a firm number of units in their first allocation shipment which you missed because they had already sold the planned allocation. If people get bored and cancel their orders you might move up the list.

If enough cool readers show up at CES this week, I suspect lots of buyers will hold off on getting the 900.

Last edited by advocate2; 01-05-2010 at 11:32 PM.
advocate2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 12:38 AM   #17
monkeyboy20
monkeyboy20 began at the beginning.

Device: sony 505, sony 600, sony 900, iPad 32Gb wifi (soon)
Talking I'm betting on it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by advocate2 View Post
Geometry is not my strong suit, but 1 inch on the diagonal will be less than that on the length.

I received the email from Best Buy on New Year's day saying my order was still backordered, but I have not received an email saying it will be moved out sixty days. I hope I didn't jinx myself. The Daily Edition Web page at Best Buy still has an estimate delivery of January 18 to February 2, so I am surprised that a 60 day delay is showing up in email notices.

Mom, they might have a firm number of units in their first allocation shipment which you missed because they had already sold the planned allocation. If people get bored and cancel their orders you might move up the list.

If enough cool readers show up at CES this week, I suspect lots of buyers will hold off on getting the 900.
I'm banking on people canceling after seeing what CES will unveil this week. As it will then bump me up in the shipping que! Oh wait, maybe I may find something I want? Oh snap... the pressure. :P

Last edited by monkeyboy20; 01-06-2010 at 12:47 AM.
monkeyboy20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-06-2010, 08:34 AM   #18
dsvick
Wizard
dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchreader View Post
I ordered mine from Best Buy on Dec. 17 and finally got it today Jan. 5, after many delays and promises by Best Buy to have it here by Xmas.
The only good part about the delay was a pricematch, so I did get the $40 off at least.
It is nice to know that they are in fact shipping them from Best Buy, my fear was that they hadn't even received any from Sony yet and wouldn't until Sony took care of all of their orders. I guess all of us late comers have to just stick it out for another couple of weeks and see what happens. At least I didn't get a 60 day back order email
dsvick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 09:44 AM   #19
jbloudg20
Connoisseur
jbloudg20 began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-900 & K2i
I didn't get a 60 day back order email, either.
jbloudg20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 09:03 PM   #20
Starka
Anything BUT "Enthusiast"
Starka began at the beginning.

Device: PRS 900BC
Well, HoneyBunch got an e-mail saying that it should be delivered to her house tomorrow.
Starka is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-06-2010, 09:10 PM   #21
advocate2
My Kingdom for Karma
advocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the rough

Starka,

Exactly when did HoneyBunch put in her order? That is the question.
Old 01-06-2010, 09:28 PM   #22
Starka

Quote:
Starka,

Exactly when did HoneyBunch put in her order? That is the question.
She ordered it the first week of December.

Actually, over the weekend I told her what I had read here about the Best Buy sale, so she called and told them that she wanted to cancel the order because she could get it cheaper elsewhere. They rebated the $40 on the spot, no questions asked.
Old 01-06-2010, 11:25 PM   #23
advocate2
My Kingdom for Karma

Thanks for the update Starka. Given that I ordered on December 27 I am way behing you. BTW, welcome to the forum. It is a great place to learn.
Old 01-07-2010, 01:34 AM   #24
kcnightfang
kcnightfang knows what time it iskcnightfang knows what time it iskcnightfang knows what time it iskcnightfang knows what time it iskcnightfang knows what time it iskcnightfang knows what time it iskcnightfang knows what time it iskcnightfang knows what time it iskcnightfang knows what time it iskcnightfang knows what time it iskcnightfang knows what time it is

Device: Sony PRS-900 but selling to move to and Ipad
I ordered mine through Sony on the 22nd and it just arrived today, so they might be quicker than you think.
kcnightfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 02:20 AM   #25
Starka

Quote:
Thanks for the update Starka. Given that I ordered on December 27 I am way behing you. BTW, welcome to the forum. It is a great place to learn.
Thanks Advocate!

Actually, there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason connected with when the units are shipped.
Old 01-07-2010, 03:27 PM   #26
Lilly
Guru
Lilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it is

Device: Sony PRS-505, PRS-900 & PRS-950, Amazon Kindle2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcnightfang View Post
I ordered mine through Sony on the 22nd and it just arrived today, so they might be quicker than you think.
Were they in back-order when you placed your order? I know there was a window when they were available just before Christmas. What was your delivery estimate? Most people who ordered from Sony at the end of December are getting an estimate delivery after the 15th.
Lilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 05:12 PM   #27
Starka

Well, it's here.
Old 01-07-2010, 10:25 PM   #28
jbloudg20
Connoisseur
jbloudg20 began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-900 & K2i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starka View Post
Well, it's here.
I'm green with envy!
jbloudg20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 01:46 AM   #29
kcnightfang
kcnightfang knows what time it iskcnightfang knows what time it iskcnightfang knows what time it iskcnightfang knows what time it iskcnightfang knows what time it iskcnightfang knows what time it iskcnightfang knows what time it iskcnightfang knows what time it iskcnightfang knows what time it iskcnightfang knows what time it iskcnightfang knows what time it is

Device: Sony PRS-900 but selling to move to and Ipad
I think they were, because my delivery estimate was the 15th as well.
kcnightfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 09:30 PM   #30
advocate2
My Kingdom for Karma

How sad. An entire day with no updates of any kind. I wonder if Nate got any shipping tidbits at CES. I did notice that Sony made a big deal about the Daily Edition at its press conference.