Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-11-2012, 05:25 PM   #1
Moktarino
Moktarino began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-350SC
Calibre startup on Pogoplug with large library problems

Howdy folks,

I got a Pogoplug on a deal site (basically a 1.2ghz/256mb linux device) and got Calibre running nicely with a very small (5-book) library behind an Apache reverse proxy (for SSL).

I then proceeded to attach my library (15k/~40gb), but I can't get it to start the content server properly, something I believe is due to the initial cover caching.

I think this because I ran it with --max-cover=1x1 and it only took ~2hrs to start and successfully served books at that point, albeit with no covers.

At first it would crash reporting "out of memory", so I added a 512mb swapfile and that went away. Now it uses 50%+ CPU for 2-3 hours then lays quiet, but I still can't get the page to come up. I am presented with the HTTP login, but after entering my credentials it waits until it times out.

Barring eliminating covers or using a different content server, how can I get this running?

Thanks!
Moktarino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 11:30 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
covers are not cached in the server. Every request causes them to be re-read. You will have a tough time getting that alrge a library served with 256MB of RAM, since the calibre content server loads all metadata into RAM.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-12-2012, 12:16 AM   #3
Moktarino
Moktarino began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-350SC
Hmm, Ok. I'll see what I can do.
Moktarino is offline   Reply With Quote