Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-19-2012, 02:25 PM   #1
Dragoro
Lovecraft Fan
Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Kindle Touch
Just got a kindle paperwhite in store at Best Buy

They only had wireless, no 3g but thought you guys might wanna know
Dragoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 02:28 PM   #2
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Paperwhite
Interesting that they're finally making their way into stores. Thanks for letting us know.
sparklemotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 02:38 PM   #3
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparklemotion View Post
Interesting that they're finally making their way into stores. Thanks for letting us know.
Looks like they are in stock at my BB too. I'll have to take trip there to play with the demo.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 02:55 PM   #4
Dragoro
Lovecraft Fan
Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

They had to go in back to find mine, they didnt even know they had em in stock.
Old 10-19-2012, 02:56 PM   #5
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Looks like they are in stock at my BB too. I'll have to take trip there to play with the demo.
Let us know what you think, Blossom. It's sad with how little optimism I say that. It's also too bad they make the demo units so annoying to use. They never let you use them fully. I think the Kindle Fire is on the only one you can really get a full look at the features.
Old 10-19-2012, 03:02 PM   #6
Dragoro
Lovecraft Fan

Mine so far looks good. Its got the shawdows near where the lights are, but no color blobs or anything.
Old 10-19-2012, 03:03 PM   #7
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoro View Post
Mine so far looks good. Its got the shawdows near where the lights are, but no color blobs or anything.
Hmm really? Would you mind posting pics with the light at a high level? I have to admit I'm tempted to pick one up at Best Buy and see what I get.
Old 10-19-2012, 03:04 PM   #8
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Let us know what you think, Blossom. It's sad with how little optimism I say that. It's also too bad they make the demo units so annoying to use. They never let you use them fully. I think the Kindle Fire is on the only one you can really get a full look at the features.
I will be looking at the Screen Quality of course this is most important to me. I will also test drive the KFHD while there and make my decision. May not be this weekend though as hubby was complaining about having a gout flare up in his driving foot.
Old 10-19-2012, 03:09 PM   #9
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I will be looking at the Screen Quality of course this is most important to me. I will also test drive the KFHD while there and make my decision. May not be this weekend though as hubby was complaining about having a gout flare up in his driving foot.
I'm sorry about your hubby. I hope he feels better soon. I may pick one up at Best Buy and see if it's better than the one I have now. I doubt it will be, but it can't hurt to try. I can't seem to give up on this thing. Plus I still have time left to return my replacement for a refund to Amazon.
Old 10-19-2012, 03:14 PM   #10
Dragoro
Lovecraft Fan

Once i get done with downloading my books and stuff, Ill see what I can do about taking some pics. I got a canon t3i so I will see how it goes.
Old 10-19-2012, 03:14 PM   #11
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoro View Post
Once i get done with downloading my books and stuff, Ill see what I can do about taking some pics. I got a canon t3i so I will see how it goes.
Thank you.
Old 10-19-2012, 03:47 PM   #12
peitsao
Addict
peitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kobo mini, PW3,NookST
Our BB got 4 wifi in yesterday (3g on display but not in stock), so I got lucky and bought one of the two left. So far, it works fine. Really different from my touch.
peitsao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 04:59 PM   #13
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
Quote:
I at least like how you can fiddle with some of the demo units at Best Buy.

And, at the least they are labeled properly. Can't enjoy either luxury at some other retailers, especially Wal-Mart...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	kfwhat.jpg
Views:	708
Size:	47.2 KB
ID:	94489  
RainingLemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 05:00 PM   #14
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingLemur View Post
I at least like how you can fiddle with some of the demo units at Best Buy.

And, at the least they are labeled properly. Can't enjoy either luxury at some other retailers, especially Wal-Mart...
Old 10-19-2012, 05:13 PM   #15
Kolenka
<Insert Wit Here>
Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kobo Forma
My local store told me that street was the 25th and refused to sell me one.
Kolenka is offline   Reply With Quote