Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-31-2018, 01:35 PM   #1
immortal192
immortal192 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quick reference to another page?

I was wondering if the Aura One has the ability to quickly reference another page while allowing easy switching back to the page you're on. The Oasis 2 has this feature where a popup is shown showing the page you're flipping to and you can flip the pages on this popup. To return to the current page, you just close the popup.

I don't believe the Aura One has this feature natively, so perhaps there a third-party app like the KOReader offers this feature?

It is very useful for someone who plans to read some textbooks and documentation.

Much appreciated.
immortal192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 07:53 PM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
The latest firmware added a "quick page turn" function. Hold your finger in the bottom corner and it starts scrolling quickly though the pages. And moving your finger across the bottom of the screen changes the speed and direction. When you get to the page you want, lift your finger. To get back to where you were, the bottom bar has a "Previous location" link.

Not the same as what the Kindles have, but it is the closest they have at the moment.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
aura-one, software, studying, text books