Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-12-2009, 01:44 AM   #1
copernicc
copernicc began at the beginning.

Device: none
Bug with the date in subscription titles

Hi,
I use Calibre on my Mac to download a couple of newspaper subscription to the Sony Reader 700 every morning. I leave Calibre running on my Mac in the background, and have configured the subscriptions to download every morning at 0700 - so that when I wake my Mac in the morning, I get the subscriptions with the coffee :-)
Everything was fine until I installed the latest version (0.4.136). Now the subscriptions do download, but the title of the book is not correct: Calibre uses yesterday's date and not today's. The content seems ok though. If I close Calibre, restart it, and download manually the subcription title is ok.
copernicc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 03:54 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Open a bug report about it and I'll look into it.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-05-2009, 12:47 PM   #3
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
I just noticed the same thing. It seems that if I don't exit the Calibre GUI, it uses the date Calibre was opened for the news feed title. Currently haven't upgraded Calibre yet (laptop is still on 0.4.127 and desktop is on 0.4.128) so I don't know if this affects current versions. I'll install the latest release later and test behavior for a couple of days so I can post more detailed information. If the problem still exists, will post a bug report. Do I need to register or something to post a Trac ticket?
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 12:58 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
yes you need to register and this bug has been fixed in newer releases
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 01:22 PM   #5
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Ok, thanks! I was trying to find if it was fixed in the changelog but I didn't see it mentioned.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert