Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > IMP Books

Notices

Old 07-01-2008, 07:48 PM   #1
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Richardson, Samuel: Clarissa. v1, 27 June 2008

Clarissa was published in 1748. At over a million words, it is generally regarded as the longest novel in the English language.

The ebook ending with '_1200.imp' is for the REB 1200; the other '.imp' for the EBW 1150.

Based on the LRF version prepared by TedPark; I used it's source html since it was offered up for conversion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TedPark
...Surely something this superlative is needed within the MobileRead high-quality eBook collection.

It is of a genre known as an Epistolary Novel - where the activities are laid out in the form of lengthy letters between and among the various protagonists. There are 7 large volumes to this book and hundreds of letters, most of them multiple (real-book size) pages, and many a dozen pages or more. Embedded within these letters are other letters, verses, quotations, and other literary devices.

I have provided two versions. For those of you who would like one huge volume, there is a monolithic file. It is just less than 3000 pages on my reader. However, I most recommend the version that is in two parts. The author provided a convenient logical break between Vols 4 and 5 - so I used that hint. Each part is "only" about 1500 pages.

I structured and formatted the text and created links for each of the letters and a few more special chapters. I made a few corrections that I spotted, but no I didn't do a word-for-word walkthrough type of proofreading. The cover is a sketch of the author.

I am also providing the HTML source that I created for these three files. It is really clean and well-organized (and even parsimonious!) and has passed the W3C validation. I didn't make any other eBook-specific formats because I don't like to make things I cannot test on my own equipment. And I only own a Sony Reader. I trust someone(s) else can make other versions from the HTML. If you do that, set up your converter to insert a page break before each "<H3 class=title … " tag, and nowhere else.

I hope you all enjoy reading this as much as I "enjoyed" making it!
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: imp Clarissa.imp (3.77 MB, 504 views)
File Type: imp Clarissa_1200.imp (3.40 MB, 505 views)
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote