Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 03-20-2012, 05:36 PM   #1
s1NiSt3r
s1NiSt3r began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch 6"
Kobo Touch 6" keeps returning to home screen

Hi guys 'n' gals. Having an issue with my recently purchased kobo touch 6" (2 days old).

Latest Firmware updates
Using calibre for transfers.

I own two Kobo and this issue is not present in my Kobo, purchased in December.. Only on my GF's.
On set up, upgraded to Kobo Touch Firmware 1.9.17 and desktop 2.1.7. While trying to read, screen keeps returning to home screen. I have tried a factory hard reset, and it still keeps returning to home page. (with or without touching screen) I turn a page, two seconds later a dog ear appears in the top right corner then screen flashes back to home. This is very frustrating as I can find no precedent on any forums. The device has no extended memory inserted. Just a bare bone Kobo, I encountered no issues at registration, everything set up smoothly, I haven’t removed Kobo, without ejecting safely. I follow all protocols in regards to safely removing hardware. So I cannot fathom the issue.

Any insight into my problem would be greatly appreciated and I thank you in advance for any feedback you could supply...
s1NiSt3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 12:44 AM   #2
The Terminator
Retired
The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Optimus One (2.3), Nexus 7 (4.2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by s1NiSt3r View Post
Hi guys 'n' gals. Having an issue with my recently purchased kobo touch 6" (2 days old).

Latest Firmware updates
Using calibre for transfers.

I own two Kobo and this issue is not present in my Kobo, purchased in December.. Only on my GF's.
On set up, upgraded to Kobo Touch Firmware 1.9.17 and desktop 2.1.7. While trying to read, screen keeps returning to home screen. I have tried a factory hard reset, and it still keeps returning to home page. (with or without touching screen) I turn a page, two seconds later a dog ear appears in the top right corner then screen flashes back to home. This is very frustrating as I can find no precedent on any forums. The device has no extended memory inserted. Just a bare bone Kobo, I encountered no issues at registration, everything set up smoothly, I haven’t removed Kobo, without ejecting safely. I follow all protocols in regards to safely removing hardware. So I cannot fathom the issue.

Any insight into my problem would be greatly appreciated and I thank you in advance for any feedback you could supply...
This was happening with some SD cards, but you're not using one right?

You should probably exchange it.
The Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-21-2012, 04:48 AM   #3
s1NiSt3r
s1NiSt3r began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch 6"
yeah i was reading on these forums that sd cards caused some issues, similar to what is occuring on my gf's.
s1NiSt3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 07:54 AM   #4
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Does it happen for every book? Have you tried the same book on both devices? Maybe try swiping instead of tapping?

Quote:
... (with or without touching screen) I turn a page, two seconds later a dog ear appears in the top right corner then screen flashes back to home. ...
How do you turn a page without touching the screen?
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 01:55 PM   #5
m_bisson
Groupie
m_bisson knows what's going on.m_bisson knows what's going on.m_bisson knows what's going on.m_bisson knows what's going on.m_bisson knows what's going on.m_bisson knows what's going on.m_bisson knows what's going on.m_bisson knows what's going on.m_bisson knows what's going on.m_bisson knows what's going on.m_bisson knows what's going on.

Device: kobo touch :)
This happened to me. I updated to the newest firmware and the book just started going back to the homepage.
I have one of the original Touches that came out last spring and it has never done it until now.
m_bisson is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-22-2012, 02:02 AM   #6
Xennex1170
Addict
Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by s1NiSt3r View Post
yeah i was reading on these forums that sd cards caused some issues, similar to what is occuring on my gf's.
I wonder if it would stop if you DID plug in a microSD card. :P
Xennex1170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 03:37 AM   #7
GoingDown
Zealot
GoingDown is no ebook tyro.GoingDown is no ebook tyro.GoingDown is no ebook tyro.GoingDown is no ebook tyro.GoingDown is no ebook tyro.GoingDown is no ebook tyro.GoingDown is no ebook tyro.GoingDown is no ebook tyro.GoingDown is no ebook tyro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_bisson View Post
This happened to me. I updated to the newest firmware and the book just started going back to the homepage.
I have one of the original Touches that came out last spring and it has never done it until now.
Have you reset it to factory defaults? That is first thing to do if you got problems? It fixes lots of problems with new firmware versions. It will wipe your settings/reading life/all books from internal memory though, so backup first.
GoingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 06:18 PM   #8
virgilash
virgilash began at the beginning.

Device: kobo touch
I am having the same issue, but
I didnt have it before upgrading to 1.9.17... is there any way of moving back to 1.9.16???

I am indeed using an sd card...
Do you know by chance which microsdhc cards are ok with a kobo???

Thank you!
virgilash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 06:59 PM   #9
virgilash
virgilash began at the beginning.

Device: kobo touch
I removed the microsdhc card and the issue is indeed gone... curious that I was accesing an ebook stored internally, not on the card..
Is there a list of "approved" cards? The Lexar is working fine on a camera, but it seems my kobo is pickier... no problem, but i need to know what I should buy next...and I need a card because I filled the internal space...:-(
virgilash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 12:50 AM   #10
Xennex1170
Addict
Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgilash View Post
I removed the microsdhc card and the issue is indeed gone... curious that I was accesing an ebook stored internally, not on the card..
Is there a list of "approved" cards? The Lexar is working fine on a camera, but it seems my kobo is pickier... no problem, but i need to know what I should buy next...and I need a card because I filled the internal space...:-(
If you want you can connect your KT to your PC/Mac and remove files suffixed with the following names to free up some internal space. As far as we know they don't serve any useful purpose:

- N3_FULL
- N3_LIBRARY_SHELF
- N3_SOCIAL_CURRENTREAD

I believe the folder they are under is "kobo/images"
Xennex1170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 07:53 AM   #11
Eremar
Eremar began at the beginning.

i have the same problem... for the moment i have solved removing the card... uff
Eremar is offline   Reply With Quote