Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 11-22-2011, 04:00 PM   #1
pokee
Fanatic
pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.

Device: Kobo WiFi, Kobo Glo, Kobo Vox, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Tab2
Storing Zinio and Overdrive Content on SD Card

Hey - just wondering if there's any way to store my Zinio magazines or borrowed library books on the micro SD card, instead of internal storage.

The reason I ask this is that I backed-up all of my downloaded magazines and borrowed books onto my SD card before I did a factory reset - and then once I did that, when I loaded my apps (Zinio and Overdrive) and neither one could 'see' the books on the extcard. I ended up just re-downloading them to the internal storage (since there weren't that many), but I can see needing the sd card in the future (particularly for magazines). Perhaps there's a set-up option for these apps that can allow them to open the files from the sd card, rather than looking at iternal storage?

I am a little confused about this...
pokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 04:51 PM   #2
Reader Paradice
Getting Back To Reading!
Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox and Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokee View Post
Hey - just wondering if there's any way to store my Zinio magazines or borrowed library books on the micro SD card, instead of internal storage.

The reason I ask this is that I backed-up all of my downloaded magazines and borrowed books onto my SD card before I did a factory reset - and then once I did that, when I loaded my apps (Zinio and Overdrive) and neither one could 'see' the books on the extcard. I ended up just re-downloading them to the internal storage (since there weren't that many), but I can see needing the sd card in the future (particularly for magazines). Perhaps there's a set-up option for these apps that can allow them to open the files from the sd card, rather than looking at iternal storage?

I am a little confused about this...
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pokee, I think you merely (on each of the apps you are using...) use the find/import function to scan your directories and then highlight the mag or book file you want the app to process. I know this is what I have done with Akido for instance. I use its file search and then open up the exsd folder. I then import the file into its library. If it is a PDF file, then do exactly the same thing with a PDF reader and use its find/import function. Works for me! Edit: I have also helped myself by using my computer to create a whole bunch of folders for the different formats. It makes it way easier to track down your downloaded content.

Last edited by Reader Paradice; 11-22-2011 at 04:54 PM.
Reader Paradice is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert