Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-20-2010, 07:48 PM   #1
greenapple
Evangelist
greenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle DX, Kobo Aura HD
Any way to tell calibre to ignore my ereader device?

Is it possible to configure calibre in such a way that it does not communicate with or ignore the ebook device that is connected to the PC?

Last edited by greenapple; 09-20-2010 at 08:23 PM.
greenapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 07:52 PM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
You can disable the device driver plugin under Preferences.

Just for interest, why do you want to do this?
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-20-2010, 07:55 PM   #3
timlegge
Addict
timlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than mom

Device: Kobo, Kobo Wifi, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenapple View Post
Is it possible to configure calibre in such a way that it does not communicate with or ignore the ebook device that is connected to the PC?
You could disable the device plugin but you will need to reenable it if you want it to find the ereader again

Tim
timlegge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 08:03 PM   #4
greenapple
Evangelist
greenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle DX, Kobo Aura HD
Sometimes I get warnings from Calibre that there might be errors if I should close the Calibre program. The warning message says it is communicating with the device, even though I'm not transferring anything between the device and the pc. I thought it might be better to just disable the communication altogether.
greenapple is offline   Reply With Quote