Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 09-17-2010, 12:09 AM   #1
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
Help me find this Smashwords book

Awhile ago, I remember reading a free sample on Smashwords and now I want the rest of the book but lost the bookmark in my hard drive crash over the summer. It was a horror book, as I recall. It was a short story collection. The first story was about a man who wants to murder his in-laws because they are mooches and he despises them. But it goes wrong and in the end, karma bites him. I did not read further than that. Any ideas?
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 01:48 AM   #2
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Do you remember how many stories were in the book? Or any other details?
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-17-2010, 07:23 AM   #3
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
No I know, not much to go on.
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 11:29 PM   #4
SensualPoet
Wizard
SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Asus ZenPad 3, Kobo Glo
A hard drive is a horror story in itself, if you ask me! Beware the sequel!

Mooching in-laws, murderous thoughts, a collection of short stories ... jeez ... sounds like reality tv ...
SensualPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 10:29 AM   #5
J. Strnad
Guru
J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo, Kindle 3, Paperwhite
I'm sorry about your hard drive crash and loss! Wish I could help you with your quest but the story's not ringing any bells. Which means that this whole post could be just a thinly disguised way to expose you to my own, free, Smashwords book of horror short stories. But I am genuinely sorry about the crash. Really.
J. Strnad is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-18-2010, 10:45 AM   #6
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by ficbot View Post
Awhile ago,
More precision please, exactly when ....

Quote:
I remember
tricky one this, are you taking medication ?

Quote:
reading a free sample on Smashwords and now I want the rest of the book but lost the bookmark in my hard drive crash over the summer.
The sequel may be worse ..... hopefully not....

Quote:
It was a horror book, as I recall.
No, that was the hard drive crash.

Quote:
It was a short story collection.
There's a lot of these around. Authors must get tired of writing, so they reduce words.

Quote:
The first story was about a man who wants to murder his in-laws because they are mooches and he despises them.
What happened to 'love thy neighbour'.

Quote:
But it goes wrong
How ?

Quote:

and in the end,
of time ?

Quote:
karma bites him.
Not enlightenment, then !

Quote:
I did not read further than that.
I'm not surprised, reading about one's in-laws is enough to scare anyone.

Quote:
Any ideas?
Answer all the above and you'll be able to drag it from your memory no problem, or write your own version....It'll be a best seller

[this little comedy break now ended, onwards ..... >>>>>]
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote