Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-16-2009, 03:34 PM   #1
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
PRC output

Can someone tell me how I set the output format to PRC? I still have several devices that can't read Mobi.

Please don't tell me to change them one at a time; it's not practical. I export my entire library at one time so calibre can build the folder structure.going through and changing files in a couple hundred folders is simply impossible. It's also unreasonable.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 04:41 PM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
AFAIK you can't. It will always do .mobi (I think that's what Kovid has said).

I think I posted this before, but you could use something like Extension Renamer to change them to .prc in bulk (it does subdirectories to if you tell it too).

http://www.brothersoft.com/extension...oad-41537.html

I know it's still an extra step of sorts, but....
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-16-2009, 05:21 PM   #3
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Hi Nate,

I had a similar need I wanted to standardize on having all my MOBI files end with MOBI instead of PRC. So I wrote a script that recursively renamed all my files from "PRC" to "MOBI".

I've provided it for you if you want it, I also updated my script to go the other way and change the "MOBI" extension to "PRC".

The script is written in Perl and takes no parameters.

=X=
Attached Files
File Type: zip xRename_mobi2prc.zip (427 Bytes, 215 views)
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 06:44 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Nate, all you have to do is run a command line in Widnows. Go to the directory that had all the *.mobi files and use one simple command...

Code:
rename *.mobi *.prc
That is all you need do and it will be done.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 06:53 PM   #5
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Nate, all you have to do is run a command line in Widnows. Go to the directory that had all the *.mobi files and use one simple command...

Code:
rename *.mobi *.prc
That is all you need do and it will be done.
Except that command is useless if I have 700 files in 5 dozen folders.

And besides, you're proposing a work around for a poor design decision. I'd prefer to get the design decision reversed.
Advert
Old 10-16-2009, 06:56 PM   #6
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh

Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
Hi Nate,

I had a similar need I wanted to standardize on having all my MOBI files end with MOBI instead of PRC. So I wrote a script that recursively renamed all my files from "PRC" to "MOBI".

I've provided it for you if you want it, I also updated my script to go the other way and change the "MOBI" extension to "PRC".

The script is written in Perl and takes no parameters.

=X=
Thank you. I'll definitely use it (until I can convince Kovid to not arbitrarily abandon some users).
Old 10-17-2009, 12:58 AM   #7
starrigger
Jeffrey A. Carver
starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lenovo Yoga Tab Plus, Droid phone, Nook HD+
I would also appreciate an option to save as .prc -- though that might not altogether solve the problem, as I've found some .mobi files still won't run on my PDA even after I've renamed them to .prc.
starrigger is offline   Reply With Quote