Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 04-24-2007, 04:15 PM   #1
Gravitas
Muppet
Gravitas doesn't litterGravitas doesn't litter

Device: Zen Vision :M / Nokia 5800 musicXpress / Sony PRS500
BD bug, or am I missing an update?

I have a problem with BD - when I click on the Make ebooks button I get the list of formats, but when I click on the Sony Reader (lrf) button nothing happens. Same when I click the make sony reader file button. Nothing happens, no dialog boxes or anything. All the other formats seem to work ok, just not the Sony Reader format.

Also when I double click on a picture to resize it, nothing happens either.

I'm running windows XP Pro with 2Gb RAM. The date the book designer exe was created was 12th april 2007 if that's any help?
Gravitas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 05:38 PM   #2
vvv
Zealot
vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iLiad, Librie, REB1100, GEB2150, GEB1150, etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravitas
I have a problem with BD - when I click on the Make ebooks button I get the list of formats, but when I click on the Sony Reader (lrf) button nothing happens. Same when I click the make sony reader file button. Nothing happens, no dialog boxes or anything. All the other formats seem to work ok, just not the Sony Reader format.
Try: Configuration -> toolbar -> default.
Quote:
Also when I double click on a picture to resize it, nothing happens either.
Try to double-click inside a picture.

Last edited by vvv; 04-24-2007 at 06:37 PM.
vvv is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-24-2007, 06:30 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Did you run the installer and then do the upgrade from there?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 03:11 AM   #4
Gravitas
Muppet

I haven't done an upgrade - I installed from scratch using the files found in this thread https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&page=10&pp=15 Bah, I can't insert this as a link either. I'm beginning to wonder if my PC has gone a bit screwy.
Old 04-25-2007, 03:56 AM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
As JSWolf says, you first of all need to run the BD 4 installer (which is a proper ".msi" installer) and THEN unzip the latest BD update on top of it.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-25-2007, 04:36 AM   #6
Gravitas
Muppet

/D'oh!

looks like I'll be saving my files and starting again installing BD properly
Old 04-25-2007, 03:16 PM   #7
Gravitas
Muppet

Sorry to be a pain but...

I downloaded the proper installer for BD4 with the msi and ran that to uninstall the version I had.

I then ran it again and installed BD 4.

I then downloaded bd_update_2006_09_13.zip and extracted everything in that to a folder called 'stuff'.

I then selected everything inside 'stuff' copied it and pasted into C:\Program Files\Book Designer 4.0

I fired up BD from my programs menu, dialog popped up to same update found and BD opened with FirstbookEng in the window.

All seems fine except there now isn't an option to make a Reader ebook. So do I have the wrong update, or have I stuffed up somewhere else
Old 04-25-2007, 04:10 PM   #8
vvv
Zealot
vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iLiad, Librie, REB1100, GEB2150, GEB1150, etc
Quote:
I then downloaded bd_update_2006_09_13.zip and extracted everything in that to a folder called 'stuff'.
You have got an old update. Download and unpack to C:\Program Files\Book Designer 4.0 the last one
http://www.the-ebook.org/e107/e107_f...esignerExe.zip
vvv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 04:52 PM   #9
Gravitas
Muppet

all sorted now, thanks