Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-08-2010, 03:52 AM   #1
eolake
Enthusiast
eolake began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Does calibre support iPod Touch?

Does calibre support iPod Touch? It seems it supports iPhones, and isn't the iPod Touch pretty much the same, except without the phone bit?

update:
OK, I figured it!
Stanze is an iPhone ebooks app, and the book acquisition is managed through it, rather than through calibre. No auto-sync, it seems, but better than nothing.
Thanks.

Last edited by eolake; 02-08-2010 at 05:17 AM.
eolake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 03:59 AM   #2
netseeker
sleepless reader
netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, PB 360° & 302, nook wi-fi, Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by eolake View Post
Does calibre support iPod Touch? It seems it supports iPhones, and isn't the iPod Touch pretty much the same, except without the phone bit?
Yes - kind of. For Calibre there is no difference whether you are using an iPhone or an iPod Touch. Just activate the content server in Calibre and use Stanza on the iPod...
netseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 05:05 AM   #3
eolake
Enthusiast

I'm not familiar with either, but I'll look it up. Thanks.

Oh, wait: one issue is that calibre can't see the iPod Touch. And it seems from iTunes that the Touch can't load as a hard disk like normal iPods can, the option is missing. Isn't it necessary that it loads as a volume?
Old 02-08-2010, 05:13 AM   #4
iandix
Addict
iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.

Device: nook touch a Nook 3g (rooted) and a nookcolor (rooted)
You need to access it the calibre server via stanza app and using the wifi on the iPod, apple does not allow you to interface with anything else but iTunes.

If Microsoft did that people would be screaming for court action
iandix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 05:33 AM   #5
eolake
Enthusiast

Odd, it seems my update to my first post does not show...
I wrote:
---
update:
OK, I figured it!
Stanze is an iPhone ebooks app, and the book acquisition is managed through it, rather than through calibre. No auto-sync, it seems, but better than nothing.
Thanks.
---

I wonder if the iPhone disk lock is for copyright protection reasons? Or against malware?
Old 02-08-2010, 05:38 AM   #6
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by eolake View Post
Odd, it seems my update to my first post does not show...
I wrote:
---
update:
OK, I figured it!
Thanks.
---
I appreciate and read the update that you added to the first post. It would have been nice if you prefaced the update with the word Update:

To see the update you might want to reload the page.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote