Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 12-22-2012, 12:02 PM   #931
sgoldin
SF/Fantasy Author
sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Adobe Digital Editions
Thanks, bm. I hope I can entice sf & fantasy readers to sample some of my wares, and encourage others to do the same. I have enough confidence in my writing that, if people give it honest reviews, sales will pick up. I like to stress the fact that I don't insist on empty flattery to hand out coupons.
sgoldin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 11:50 PM   #932
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I've posted a new review. I really enjoyed this grim novella of despair as humanity attempts and fails to colonise a distant planet.

Warning: some nasty scenes involving a child.

If you are not deterred with that warning, feel free to click on the link and read what I thought about The Speed of Winter.

http://papyrus.calebblake.net/2012/1...-morris-allen/
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 12:42 PM   #933
M T McGuire
Addict
M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Definitely a cool idea SG. When I've written more than two books I'll do that and all.

I've two light posts coming up for Christmas and New Year's day. Both can be found at www.mtmcguire.co.uk. I won't be here to mention them, hence the advanced post ;-) although the automatic thingummy should kick in and woof, tweet, facebook etc.

They're just two excerpts from the book I'm writing right now; One Man: No Plan which is the last volume in the K'Barthan Trilogy.

Cheers

MTM

Last edited by M T McGuire; 12-23-2012 at 12:43 PM. Reason: Left half the info off.
M T McGuire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 08:15 AM   #934
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
The War On Science essay posted today on my blog - The Bleeding Edge:

Quote:
The war in the news these days and the public’s attention is on Iraq or Afghanistan but there is a much more insidious war under way, it’s the war on science. Not since the dark ages has there been such a blatant attack on science and reason. This war is being waged on multiple fronts including from theologians, politicians and the public itself, but why? What could any of these groups have against furthering knowledge of the world around us? And what does it mean for our future?
http://kennyachaffin.blogspot.com/20...x-none_24.html

Last edited by kennyc; 10-06-2013 at 01:50 PM. Reason: Fixed URL
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 11:02 AM   #935
Carry Lada
Carry Lada began at the beginning.

Device: none
Carry Lada Blog

My blog link - http://carrylada.blogspot.com/

This is my blog. I post about what is going on with my writing. I post about my books and what I am writing about.

My lastest post is for my free book days on amazon.
Carry Lada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 09:55 AM   #936
bmcox
Connoisseur
bmcox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bmcox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bmcox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bmcox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bmcox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bmcox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bmcox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bmcox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bmcox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bmcox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bmcox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: None
Today, I participated in The Next Big Thing Meme.
bmcox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 12:49 PM   #937
bmcox
Connoisseur
bmcox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bmcox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bmcox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bmcox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bmcox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bmcox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bmcox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bmcox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bmcox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bmcox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bmcox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

My writer's resolutions for 2013.
Old 12-31-2012, 12:59 PM   #938
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmcox View Post
Admirable goals Bernard! Good Luck with them!

I'm still formulating/finalizing mine but (assuming my finances don't collapse due to taxes or unforeseen expenses) I'm thinking 10-20 Science Articles/essays and an equivalent number of personal essays and maybe a few short stories and possibly some novel work but I'm not really going to commit to that for sure yet. And possibly another self-published poetry volume. I fill this in over in the Writing thread.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 06:39 PM   #939
John Carroll
kookoo
John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Nook, LG4
Every few months, it seems as though there is a new country opening up through different stores. As an Indie Author, I own all the international rights to my books distribute them everywhere.
I've done a blog post listing what countries each store distributes to.

http://ryallon.blogspot.com/2012/12/...ationally.html
John Carroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 03:27 PM   #940
bmcox
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Admirable goals Bernard! Good Luck with them!

https://www2.mobileread.com/i/mr/editor/smilie.gif
I'm still formulating/finalizing mine but (assuming my finances don't collapse due to taxes or unforeseen expenses) I'm thinking 10-20 Science Articles/essays and an equivalent number of personal essays and maybe a few short stories and possibly some novel work but I'm not really going to commit to that for sure yet. And possibly another self-published poetry volume. I fill this in over in the Writing thread.
Thanks, Kenny. I know I will hit most of these goals as most of the writing and revising is done on a majority of the pieces. Good luck with your goals as well.
Old 01-02-2013, 10:10 AM   #941
bmcox
Connoisseur

I posted the playlist I created which, in turn, helped me create my latest e-book The Space Within These Lines Is Not Dedicated.

Happy New Year!
Old 01-02-2013, 06:02 PM   #942
sgoldin
SF/Fantasy Author
sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Adobe Digital Editions
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgoldin View Post
Science fiction and fantasy author Stephen Goldin has launched a plan to give free ebooks in exchange for reviews. The ROGO Program (which stands for Review One, Get One) will give away Smashwords coupons to people who review participating books. In theory, you could get nearly all the Parsina Press list for the price of the first one you buy.

The details and a list of the participating books can be found on the ROGO Program page. Please note that the rules don't insist on favorable reviews, merely honest ones. If you enjoy reading science fiction and/or fantasy, this could be an incredible deal. Pleasant reading!
Science fiction and fantasy readers: How often do you get rewarded for expressing your honest opinion? Take advantage of the Parsina Press Review One, Get One (ROGO) Program and get free ebooks in exchange for reviews. See the program page for full details.
sgoldin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:32 PM   #943
MSMiller
Author
MSMiller knows what's going on.MSMiller knows what's going on.MSMiller knows what's going on.MSMiller knows what's going on.MSMiller knows what's going on.MSMiller knows what's going on.MSMiller knows what's going on.MSMiller knows what's going on.MSMiller knows what's going on.MSMiller knows what's going on.MSMiller knows what's going on.

Device: Kindle
Why I Hate Writing Blurbs

My latest post on how I find writing the book blurb more difficult than even writing the book itself...and a chance to get a free Kindle copy of The Book of Sylvia

http://www.michaelscottmillerauthor....ng-blurbs.html
MSMiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 02:26 PM   #944
John Carroll
kookoo
John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Nook, LG4
So I switched books this morning. I'm now writing "Wyvern", book 1 of the Wyvern Trilogy. I've posted on my blog an excerpt that I wrote a few months ago for it. It is probably one of the best samples of my writing style and how silly I can be.

http://ryallon.blogspot.com/2013/01/...le-dragon.html
John Carroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 06:19 PM   #945
bmcox
Connoisseur

I set up a Marketing Diary on Tumblr which I briefly discuss on my blog. And by brief, I mean four sentences.

Tags
100-words, acupuncture, altsheler, amazon, anthology, apple, apple ibookstore, auotbiography famous, author promotion, authors, automated processing, automatic conversion, bible, blog, blogs, book club, book reviewers, book tour, books, bookscanner, calibre, camera, charity, cheap ebooks, chinese medicine, christmas, contest, creative commons, creepy, crime, crime fiction, crowdfunding, deals, deskew, devotional, digitize, discount, drabble, e-book week, e-books, ebook, ebook conversion, ebooks, encouragement, epic kindle giveaway, epub, epub fire, epub kindle fire, epub3, ereader apps, exchange, fantasy ebooks, fiction authors, followers, forecast, foreign markets, formatting, free, free books, free e-books, free e-reader, free ebooks, free kindle books, free kindle fire, freeebooks, giveaway, giveaways, horror, horror ebook, ibooks, ibookstore, idevices, indie, indie author, indies, inscriptions, inspiration, inspirational, international, interview, japan, kindle, kindle fire, libraries, library rental, marketing, martial arts, marvin, micro fiction, murder mystery, new crime novel, no drm, opds, parsina press, pdf, prague, prayer, promote, promotion, promotions, publishing, rdlecoeur, read an ebook week, reader, reading list, review, reviewers, richard stephenson, rita toews, rss, sale, scary stories, science fiction, science fiction ebooks, self-publishing, serial mystery, short stories, smashwords, stephen goldin, steven lyle jordan, story, storybundle, submissions, suspense, thriller, tips, tools, translation, translators, unwarp, weather, web, website, writer, writers, writing