Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 03-23-2009, 03:43 PM   #1
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Win a Kindle 2 - Author gives away one an hour

He's also giving away a ton of money and give certificates.

Ramit Sethi, author of I Will Teach You To Be Rich, is giving away a Kindle an hour and a bunch of other prizes today, to launch the publication of his new book. He thought the Kindle version would not be available for a few weeks, but it is out now and is already the #1 bestselling book at Amazon (using their hourly ratings), for both print and the Kindle. All you have to do is buy the book, in print or Kindle and email him a copy of your receipt.

Links/details here:

http://booksontheknob.blogspot.com/2...-one-hour.html
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 11:01 PM   #2
kevindorsey
Evangelist
kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: kindle
Awfully kind of him, hehe. He is loaded, that's for sure.
kevindorsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-24-2009, 08:48 AM   #3
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yeah, Kindly. That's the word.

Seems to have worked, he got the #1 spot and was able to get his screenshots (I'll assume) to use for marketing.

I saw an article yesterday that Mein Kampf had also temporarily hit a #1 spot - I suspect from an underground and less publicized push (on article said it was "gone now", but I assume they meant it had lost it's #1 spot on the "thrillers" list).

The book itself seems geared to 20 year olds, a group that is generally ignored in many of the Suze Orman style books. I looked thru the sample - it has some formatting issues in the tables, but otherwise looked about average for the genre. His blog is apparently quite popular (I've only seen a few guest blogs he does elsewhere, before).
Old 03-24-2009, 07:51 PM   #4
MoboHobo
Banned
MoboHobo began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 1
That's pretty cool. He must be already loaded. Lots of authors are broke and need our support.
MoboHobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 07:54 PM   #5
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
I read his blog for a while, but didn't like it much. If anyones interested in personal finance blogs, getrichslowly.org/blog is extremely good.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-25-2009, 01:35 AM   #6
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
seems too good to be true
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 09:38 AM   #7
koland
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
I read his blog for a while, but didn't like it much. If anyones interested in personal finance blogs, getrichslowly.org/blog is extremely good.
I strongly suspect you must be under 25 to enjoy the blog. The sample is at least well written, but that is clearly his audience. Unlike some of the other finance gurus, he advocates keeping enough money for your "fun" account to feel like you have a life (of course, "fun" includes lunches out, nights on the town, clothing for dating, cabs, etc ... he's not afraid to tell you those are not necessities), as this age group has just finished college (with lots of debt, often), have just increased their income and are in (what are now) their prime dating years. He also lays out that if you are considering getting married or having a house in the next decade, that you need to start saving for it (and quit relying on mom and dad for money or money advice ... did I say his audience is all 22 and just out of school?).

I also read getrichslowly (he is supposed to have a short "article" in the book) and that's where I've read the author's guest posts (which are often quite thorough).
Old 03-25-2009, 10:40 AM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
The contest is now over.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote