Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 02-28-2015, 02:36 PM   #211
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
The message that a newer version is available is a bug which is already fixed but not released yet.

I checked your example. If I use your settings, I get after conversion the following:
Code:
waiting <span class="fakesmallcaps"><a name="RETN1">CATSA</a><sup><a href="#_EDN1" id="_EDNREF1" title="">[1]</a></sup></span> agents
and the endnote:
Code:
<p><a href="#_ednref1" id="_edn1" title="">[1]</a> <em>Canadian Air Transport Security Authority </em></p>
This is as it should and would work as designed. The additional anchor (RETN1) could be deleted if you do not use it manually or automatically by activating the option 'remove bookmarks' in the HTML Conversion settings.

I could not explain why you got a dollar sign in the cover page. I literally created more than two hundred books this way and never got a dollar sign. However, I figured it out. You are using a PNG as a cover image instead of a JPG. And indeed I made a typo for the PNG cover. This is corrected and will be published in the new version soon. Thanks for the bug report!

Last edited by Toxaris; 02-28-2015 at 02:50 PM.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 04:22 AM   #212
Soxendom
Connoisseur
Soxendom began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS T1
Thanks
Soxendom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-30-2015, 04:47 AM   #213
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Version 1.11.0 is released. Changelog can be found http://www.toxaris.nl/helpen/index.html?changelog.htm.

This version contains bug fixes and a few new things (as usual...).
Old 05-09-2015, 03:28 AM   #214
Toxaris
Wizard

Version 1.12.2 is released. Changelog can be found http://www.toxaris.nl/helpen/index.html?changelog.htm.

This version contains bug fixes and a few new things (as usual...). Funny thing is, that I find the most bugs myself. So, either nobody is using those functions or do not report issues....
Old 05-16-2015, 03:29 PM   #215
Start
Enthusiast
Start can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Start can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Start can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Start can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Start can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Start can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Start can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Start can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Start can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Start can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Start can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Tolino Shine 2 HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxaris View Post
Funny thing is, that I find the most bugs myself. So, either nobody is using those functions or do not report issues....
I think your programme is working everywhere. So I presume that is not simple to describe an issue in english by everyone. Thank you for all.
Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-22-2015, 08:03 AM   #216
ymmv
Enthusiast
ymmv can name that song in three notesymmv can name that song in three notesymmv can name that song in three notesymmv can name that song in three notesymmv can name that song in three notesymmv can name that song in three notesymmv can name that song in three notesymmv can name that song in three notesymmv can name that song in three notesymmv can name that song in three notesymmv can name that song in three notes

Device: Sony PRS-T1
I've been using your plugin for a couple of weeks now. The feature I really use is "Search & Replace". This feature however is meant to be run once, because it will process all table rows sequentially. But what if you only need to run a few specific search & replace entries?

Could you perhaps add a drop down box where you can select a specific s&r command from the complete list?
ymmv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 12:12 PM   #217
Toxaris
Wizard

Hmm, interesting idea. Of course you can run the whole table and then just say no, but if the table is long (personally I have S&R tables of around 130 lines...), that is quite cumbersome. I will think about it and possible ways this could work.
Old 05-22-2015, 08:05 PM   #218
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@ymmv - FWIW I have segmented my S&R into several tables - I don't use all tables against all documents. I also have separate tables for 'corrections' that do and don't require confirmation.

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 09:09 AM   #219
Tex2002ans
Wizard
Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Nook
I have recently been working on a handful of books with lots of slang in it. The "Check Dialogue" is becoming nearly impossible to use because every other line is getting a hit:

Quote:
“You doin’ anything tonight?”
“Where are you goin’?”
“I am ’bout to go down with ’em to the hotel.”
“That is freakin’ sweet!”
[...]
Perhaps it might be helpful to have some sort of functionality where you could add a list of words that are "valid" apostrophes?
Tex2002ans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 02:01 PM   #220
Toxaris
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex2002ans View Post
I have recently been working on a handful of books with lots of slang in it. The "Check Dialogue" is becoming nearly impossible to use because every other line is getting a hit:

Perhaps it might be helpful to have some sort of functionality where you could add a list of words that are "valid" apostrophes?
Yeah, I can imagine that this would a big nuisance since these are not 'normal' words. Let me think about it and how this would work.
Old 06-02-2015, 02:42 PM   #221
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxaris View Post
Yeah, I can imagine that this would a big nuisance since these are not 'normal' words. Let me think about it and how this would work.
Boys:

I run into this ALL THE TIME. I mean...jeeze, kids, put on your big-boy panties, wouldja? You have ANY idea how many modern books are written with "dialect," gods help us all? Here's the answer: A CRAPLOAD. And I find a LOT of mistaken stuff using Check Dialogue, that is simply wrong, not intentional. FWIW. A boatload more than I did before Tox gave us the Wonder Tool.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 05:16 PM   #222
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
@Tex2002ans - if the book uses double quotes for dialogue (US style) and single quotes for dialectical contractions then why not select None for single quotes in Dialogue Check Settings.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	245
Size:	49.8 KB
ID:	138950

Harder of course if book uses single quotes for dialogue (UK and the rest style), possessives and dialectical contractions etc

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 06-02-2015 at 10:24 PM.
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 01:43 PM   #223
Dillinquent
eBook pro
Dillinquent shares his or her toysDillinquent shares his or her toysDillinquent shares his or her toysDillinquent shares his or her toysDillinquent shares his or her toysDillinquent shares his or her toysDillinquent shares his or her toysDillinquent shares his or her toysDillinquent shares his or her toysDillinquent shares his or her toysDillinquent shares his or her toys

Device: PC, iPad, Kindle, Kindle Fire, Galaxy Ace
HTML conversion already executed!???

Hi Tox, whenever I try to convert a certain file I get this error message and the process stalls. This message is complete rubbish - if it was already converted I wouldn't be trying to do it again, and even if I was, there would be a good reason for it. That's for me to decide, not some software.

I've tried cut & paste and saving as RTF - no luck.
Any suggestions?
Dillinquent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 06:39 AM   #224
Toxaris
Wizard

Depends on your flow. The conversion to HTML can only run once per session. That is my decision, not the software. The reason is obvious if you think about it...

Anyway, as long as the document is open, this will be blocked. The only way to get rid of this message is by completing the conversion to ePUB, close all open documents in Word or close Word. There is no way for me to check if this specific document is closed.

The main issue here is the reason why you get an error message if you convert that file. What is the error message? You can also sent me the file and I will run it through the debugger if necessary. In which step does the process stall?
Old 06-25-2015, 02:25 PM   #225
Dillinquent
eBook pro
Dillinquent shares his or her toysDillinquent shares his or her toysDillinquent shares his or her toysDillinquent shares his or her toysDillinquent shares his or her toysDillinquent shares his or her toysDillinquent shares his or her toysDillinquent shares his or her toysDillinquent shares his or her toysDillinquent shares his or her toysDillinquent shares his or her toys

Device: PC, iPad, Kindle, Kindle Fire, Galaxy Ace
Thanks.
I terminated winword.exe with Task Manager and then it worked.
Dillinquent is offline   Reply With Quote