Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-15-2013, 05:39 AM   #376
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
The three thoughts I have for it are:

- Mini sized with light
- Glo Mark 2
- Non-limited edition version of the Aura HD. Though I have no idea what the difference would be. Maybe just making it available in different colours like black, white and brown.
I hope you first guess is the right one, I would so love a Mini with light !!!!
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 07:46 PM   #377
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by aceflor View Post
I hope you first guess is the right one, I would so love a Mini with light !!!!
Me too! (fingers crossed)
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-21-2013, 02:03 AM   #378
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Just to mention that Kobo appears to have done another of their firmware refreshes without changing the revision. On a factory reset, my Aura downloaded 2.6.1 but the build date has changed to 2013-June-17 from 2013-June-06. The build number has also changed.

The download links remain the same.

So far, I've noticed that .png images now display in .epub books but the 16 level greyscale .png in my test file looks like crap. TIFF images still don't display.

Regards,
David
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 05:49 AM   #379
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
It looks like the Touch firmware didn't change, it is the same size.
murg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 05:50 AM   #380
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
Front page updated.
murg is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-23-2013, 11:16 AM   #381
boh!
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by murg View Post
Front page updated.
But only in the Glo. My girlfriend new Touch still has the same home page :-\
Old 06-23-2013, 11:25 AM   #382
Amaterasu88
Amaterasu88 knows the square root of minus one.Amaterasu88 knows the square root of minus one.Amaterasu88 knows the square root of minus one.Amaterasu88 knows the square root of minus one.Amaterasu88 knows the square root of minus one.Amaterasu88 knows the square root of minus one.Amaterasu88 knows the square root of minus one.Amaterasu88 knows the square root of minus one.Amaterasu88 knows the square root of minus one.Amaterasu88 knows the square root of minus one.Amaterasu88 knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Kobo Glo
PDF and E-comic Refresh

I have a Kobo Glo and update it to 2.6.1b today, the problem with refresh in zoomed PDF an E-comic remains for me, but much less agressive than 2.5.1, while you hold the page to scroll, remains only one residual image. It disaperars after relese the screen, after the auto refresh.
Any one still having this problem?
Sorry for my english
Tks
Amaterasu88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 04:22 AM   #383
simond
Fanatic
simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, iPad, iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by boh! View Post
But only in the Glo. My girlfriend new Touch still has the same home page :-\
I think murg meant the front page of the thread

But Kobo only changed the home screen on the Glo apparently so all other devices still use the "classic" screen.
simond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 04:37 AM   #384
boh!
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by simond View Post
I think murg meant the front page of the thread

But Kobo only changed the home screen on the Glo apparently so all other devices still use the "classic" screen.
I must sleep a little more
Old 06-24-2013, 05:52 AM   #385
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
The three thoughts I have for it are:

- Mini sized with light
- Glo Mark 2
- Non-limited edition version of the Aura HD. Though I have no idea what the difference would be. Maybe just making it available in different colours like black, white and brown.
I feel that the Phoenix has the same screen size as the Glo.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 04:51 AM   #386
akorx
Addict
akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.

Location: France, languages : french and a little bit english.
Device: Kobo Glo, Aura HD
Hi guys,

I've downloaded and tried the FW 2.6.1 and I think I find a little bug with bookmarks.

Indeed, when you start your kobo, on the main page you can see yours last books with the number of bookmarks for each of them. Then you can see all bookmarks of a book in a single page and you can delete the ones you want in a menu.

Sometimes (very often) when you restart your kobo, the ones you have deleted are coming back !

Do you have seen the same bug ?

PS : sorry for my bad english, I'm french...
PS 2 : congratuation to developers for their nice work with firmwares

Last edited by akorx; 06-30-2013 at 04:56 AM.
akorx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 10:27 PM   #387
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by akorx View Post
Hi guys,

I've downloaded and tried the FW 2.6.1 and I think I find a little bug with bookmarks.

Indeed, when you start your kobo, on the main page you can see yours last books with the number of bookmarks for each of them. Then you can see all bookmarks of a book in a single page and you can delete the ones you want in a menu.

Sometimes (very often) when you restart your kobo, the ones you have deleted are coming back !

Do you have seen the same bug ?
Yes, it is a bug I've seen and reported to Kobo. The issue is in the way that the bookmarks are stored for epubs in the main memory. They are stored in the device database and an annotations file. The annotations file is read when the book is opened and replace whatever is in the database. When you open the annotations list from the home screen, only the database is changed.

You won't see the problem if the epub is on the SD card or for kepubs. In both cases, the annotations are only written to the database.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 10:30 AM   #388
hidari
MR Drone
hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360+, Huawei MP5, Libra H20
KILL THE BUGS KILL THE BUGS KILL THE BUGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hidari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 03:13 PM   #389
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
I was reading somewhere on the net that there was a new firmware release over and above 2.6.1(b). I cant find where I saw this, has anyone else heard anything at all?

regards

JAck
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 09:09 PM   #390
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackastor View Post
I was reading somewhere on the net that there was a new firmware release over and above 2.6.1(b). I cant find where I saw this, has anyone else heard anything at all?
No, 2.6.1(b) is the latest release. Kobo are still doing beta's for the next release.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote