Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Recipes

Notices

Old 07-04-2011, 06:07 AM   #1
lesbett
lesbett began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs-350
Zeit-Online recipe does not work with Sony reader

Since last Version of Calibre the recipe for ZEIT-Online does not work anymore for my sony prs350.

Only the first page of an article is shown with some Headline errors on top of page one. When skipping the Page the next new article is shown (i.e. 5 Pages later). Does anyone know how to solve this problem?

P.S. iconverted to mobi from epub and back again and the problem is gone but i don´t have the index anymore. That means 600-800 pages in a row.
lesbett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 04:36 AM   #2
lesbett

Nobody here who reads the German ZEIT-Online with an PRS 350 or PRS 650 ?
Advert
Old 07-09-2011, 05:00 AM   #3
Divingduck
Wizard
Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650
I have the same problem with this news feed since 3 weeks on my Sony PRS-650
Divingduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 10:55 AM   #4
Divingduck
Wizard
Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@ lesbett
I take a look on the Epub. There is something wrong with the CSS and the footer of the Epub. It is shown somewhere on the top of each page.

This is my temporary solution as long as the original script is not corrected:

1. At menu "fetch news" click on the small arrow and choose "Add a custom new source"
2. Click on "Customize buildin recipe" and choose "Zeit-Online". This will show then as available user recipes. Click on it and you will see the script on the right box
3. Add a new line after "max_articles_per_feed = 40":
no_stylesheets = True
4. Go down to line extra_css and put a # before the word:
#extra_css = '.excerpt{font-size:1em}.reaktion,.taglist,.comments,.reponse,.re sponsetitle,.responsebody,.reponse,.inline,.date{d isplay:none;}li.date{display:block}'
5. Click on "+Add/Update recipe" for saving the changes and close the window.

You will find the modified feed on the entry "Custom" when you click on "fetch news". Hope this will help you.
Old 07-13-2011, 08:02 AM   #5
lesbett

Thanks a lot for your help

It works again
Advert
Old 07-13-2011, 11:47 AM   #6
Divingduck
Wizard

You are welcome.
On step 4. I wrote to put in a # before extra_css. This is not necessary. One effect of this modification is that you will see in a article additional Information like "Mehr zum Thema" and "Schlagworte", what is hidden with this extra_css.