Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 05-18-2011, 08:19 PM   #1
Goedric
Goedric began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3g
Angry Missing output format mobi

Hey all. I just installed today and did fine creating a document for my kindle 3g. when i went to do a second one i inadvertantly removed the mobi from the output formats leaving only zip. on the little drop down remove format menu. i didnt want to but whwn looked at the dropdown menu out of curiosity the blank option which was the default disappears and you are forced to select either mobi or zip. anyway i need to undo what i did.

now no matter what i do i cannot get it back. ive delected the library. unistalled and reinstalled the entire program a dozen times. it never seems to do completely clean install.

i can see no way to add an output format to a document.

Alternatively can anyone telll me how to accomplish a clean install. Cause uninstall is leving behind sonething that wont let me get a fresh start.

im on windows 7

any help appreciated. its making me nuts.
Goedric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 08:44 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goedric View Post
Hey all. I just installed today and did fine creating a document for my kindle 3g. when i went to do a second one i inadvertantly removed the mobi from the output formats leaving only zip. on the little drop down remove format menu. i didnt want to but whwn looked at the dropdown menu out of curiosity the blank option which was the default disappears and you are forced to select either mobi or zip. anyway i need to undo what i did.

now no matter what i do i cannot get it back. ive delected the library. unistalled and reinstalled the entire program a dozen times. it never seems to do completely clean install.

i can see no way to add an output format to a document.

Alternatively can anyone telll me how to accomplish a clean install. Cause uninstall is leving behind sonething that wont let me get a fresh start.

im on windows 7

any help appreciated. its making me nuts.
Preferences: Advanced: Plugins

Find the Device Interface plugin on the list: Select the K2/ K3 plugin: Click Customise.

Restore the needed tick marks
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-19-2011, 02:38 AM   #3
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Also, check to see that the conversion output plugins are there. You should be seeing more than just MOBI and ZIP.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote