Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 04-15-2011, 10:20 PM   #16
Andanzas
Out of print
Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500 (recycled), Pocketbook Inkpad X Pro
Oh my, I feel overwhelmed by the responsibility. I never thought people paid attention to my posts. Maybe I should have recommended As I Lay Dying? Or the Snopes trilogy?

I hope you enjoy Light in August as much as I did. It's a very powerful book. In my opinion, some of its characters are among the best Faulkner ever created. Let us know how you like it.
Andanzas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 03:38 PM   #17
CharlieBird
¿Huh?
CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HiSense A7 CC, Fire HD6, Kobo Libra2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andanzas View Post
I never thought people paid attention to my posts.
I know just how you feel—I figure it's because I ask so many questions it's assumed that I don't know anything.

Feeling a bit frustrated right now as I was going to review my memory of the Williamson book, but it seems somewhere thru years of backups it is no longer in Calibre...everything is there but the actual book. I searched Inkmesh and the damn thing costs $16.47, available only in the Kindle edition. I am dreading checking to see how many other older books are missing.
d
CharlieBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-16-2011, 03:41 PM   #18
Quexos
Member Retired
Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
what about "Sanctuary" ? will it be released too ?
Quexos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 09:24 AM   #19
Barty
doofus
Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Voyage
I keep reading this thread as "Faulkner titties" to be released.

Damn you, Alex Trebek.
Barty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 04:30 PM   #20
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Libra H20, Kobo Aura One, KoboMini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andanzas View Post
Oh my, I feel overwhelmed by the responsibility. I never thought people paid attention to my posts. Maybe I should have recommended As I Lay Dying? Or the Snopes trilogy?

I hope you enjoy Light in August as much as I did. It's a very powerful book. In my opinion, some of its characters are among the best Faulkner ever created. Let us know how you like it.
I did my graduate thesis on Faulkner and would have suggested the same for a true sense of Faulkner. For a lighter start, you could have suggested The Reivers, but i think as stand alones Light in August or As I Lay Dying are great places for new readers to start.
astrangerhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-13-2011, 06:02 PM   #21
Namekuseijin
affordable chipmunk
Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony XPeria ZL, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Sir Edward View Post
In Life + 50 Countries...

Hemmingway - next January, also in Life + 50 Countries.
we're in the internet, what country is that? Anyway, nice to know -- another 2 great authors in the list. When shall I have the time to read modern fiction with so many classics one click away?

A pocket device and ebooks have broadened my literary horizon like never before, giving me time to read when I would never expect so. I've downloaded some educational material on the French language to read french poetry in its original form. Of course, perhaps a bit easier to me than to english native speakers, as french, italian, spanish and portuguese are all quite close enough in their latin heritage. They look and sound like weird dialects, but still kinda understandable...
Namekuseijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 07:39 PM   #22
frquixote
Addict
frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KOBO Libra 2, Kindle PW3, Samsung 8A Tablet, Samsung S10e Phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Namekuseijin View Post
we're in the internet, what country is that?
We're on the Internet, try Wikipedia!
frquixote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 10:13 PM   #23
Namekuseijin
affordable chipmunk
Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony XPeria ZL, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by frquixote View Post
We're on the Internet, try Wikipedia!
It was a rhetoric question but nevermind.
Namekuseijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 06:06 PM   #24
miguel1626
Great Old One
miguel1626 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miguel1626 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miguel1626 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miguel1626 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miguel1626 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miguel1626 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miguel1626 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miguel1626 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miguel1626 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miguel1626 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miguel1626 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro, iPhone 8 Plus
What a deal! I can buy Light in August as an ebook for $9.99, or I can get the paperback $9.34. Who would believe it, paper has negative cost these days

And then they'll complain about piracy
miguel1626 is offline   Reply With Quote