Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 11-23-2008, 07:14 AM   #151
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Sorry for confusing you. The answer to your question: No. You don't have to create the temp folder. It is either there when BD is opened or not there when BD is closed down.
I don't know how to help you.

If you are using Win XP 32bit then try uninstall it. Then install v4. Then unpack update zip file into BD directory and try again.
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 10:34 PM   #152
Andybaby
Wizard
Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-700
This Program is Great at making ebooks. I dont need Tocs in the books i read, i just want to get it into a nice format. and LRF is the way to go.

this is one of the Best book formaters ive ever seen, its works about 75% of the time with less than 2 minutes to edit the book to the way i like it to be read.

for the rest i ussually just have to convert it to a different format and reimport it.

this, Notepad++, Word, and ABC amber Lit converter. Makes short work of converting books in, PDF, LIT, TXT, Doc, and RTF (which 99% of my library are in)
Andybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 01:41 PM   #153
Abisha
Connoisseur
Abisha knows what time it isAbisha knows what time it isAbisha knows what time it isAbisha knows what time it isAbisha knows what time it isAbisha knows what time it isAbisha knows what time it isAbisha knows what time it isAbisha knows what time it isAbisha knows what time it isAbisha knows what time it is

Device: Sony PRS-505, Sony PRS-950
An important notice for future deployment of Book Designer:

Windows 7 Beta will run Book Designer properly assuming you follow the "vista" installation instructions found in the wiki. Additionally you will be required to restore the following missing dependency from Windows 7: "RICHTX32.OCX". You MUST obtain this file from a previous version of Windows and register the file using "regsvr32.exe" from the command-line in order to get Book Designer to load.

Just a heads up guys, happy book authoring.
Abisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 10:23 AM   #154
daesdaemar
Addict
daesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony 505, Kindle 3, iPad 3
The BookDesigner home page makes reference to a BookDesigner 5. I can't read Russian, so anyone know what's up?
daesdaemar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 11:21 AM   #155
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by daesdaemar View Post
The BookDesigner home page makes reference to a BookDesigner 5. I can't read Russian, so anyone know what's up?
Read the first post in this thread. You install BD4.0, then BD5.0 on top.

And you may find this tipsheet useful:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36908
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 01:18 PM   #156
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
Read the first post in this thread. You install BD4.0, then BD5.0 on top.

And you may find this tipsheet useful:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36908
Is there any NEWER than 7/30/08 version of BD available?

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 04:55 PM   #157
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by delphidb96 View Post
Is there any NEWER than 7/30/08 version of BD available?

Derek
In a word, no.
And it's 7/30/2007.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 05:47 PM   #158
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
In a word, no.
And it's 7/30/2007.
What's a year between friends???

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 02:22 PM   #159
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by delphidb96 View Post
What's a year between friends???

Derek
Very confusing for everyone else?
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 06:22 AM   #160
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I wonder, whether it is possible to install BD on to USB stick, so I can always have it with me and be able to edit a book on any PC?
Old 01-31-2009, 06:24 AM   #161
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by astra View Post
I wonder, whether it is possible to install BD on to USB stick, so I can always have it with me and be able to edit a book on any PC?
Provided that PC is running XP, yes, it should certainly be possible. Under Vista one needs to install various DLLs to make BD work, so it's not so easy. Have you tried simply copying the BD folder tree onto a USB drive?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 06:30 AM   #162
astra
The Introvert

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Provided that PC is running XP, yes, it should certainly be possible. Under Vista one needs to install various DLLs to make BD work, so it's not so easy. Have you tried simply copying the BD folder tree onto a USB drive?
I didn't try it yet. Thought to ask the question before I muck up things.
Yes, XP only.

I will try it ..or I shall try it?
Old 01-31-2009, 06:35 AM   #163
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I don't see that you have anything to lose by trying!
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 02:33 PM   #164
Amystei
Amystei began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
I wanted to make sure I thanked all the folks here for all the great information on converting pdfs to lrfs, I really appreciated it. Harry T, I thanked you in another thread also, but too many thanks is not possible for your efforts. Patricia, your Hints and tips document was invaluable. Andybaby, your pictures and insight were extremely helpful as well.
Amystei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 02:35 PM   #165
Amystei
Amystei began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
I did not forget JSWolf who posted the programs and soooooo much info. Thanks so much, I love using this program!
Amystei is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bookdesigner