Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 01-16-2008, 11:23 AM   #16
Clemenseken
eWriter
Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: PB-IQ / Sony PRS-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
... Incorrect usage of this term has already led one person to purchase eBooks in eReader format when he wanted a different format. ...
So please do us a favor and edit your posts to fix the incorrect usage of eReader.
Yes!
I did you a favour and extinguished the BAD seven-letter-word® ...

(but I still find it a pity that I won't be able to call my eReader an "eReader": somehow feels wrong to me...)

p.s.: please no more replies on my choice of words - I'll try my best to avoid the bad word.

EDIT: Oh - No ! Nobody told me I use the BAD word in my personal description (left side under "Clemenseken"). Arrrrrrghhhhh! I'll change that in half a second - I promise!!!

Last edited by Clemenseken; 01-16-2008 at 11:26 AM.
Clemenseken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 04:42 AM   #17
ElaHuguet
iLiad freak
ElaHuguet doesn't litterElaHuguet doesn't litterElaHuguet doesn't litter

Device: iRex iLiad
LOL, if I were you, I'd just change "eReader" to "e-reader" and be done!

... in fact, since there are no "readers" that aren't "e" - apart from humans (and some trained dolphins or monkeys or...) - you could just say "readers", since I doubt that anyone would think you were looking for humans with touchscreen capabilities (in this present time, God knows what the future will bring! ).
ElaHuguet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 02:51 PM   #18
Clemenseken
eWriter
Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: PB-IQ / Sony PRS-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElaHuguet View Post
LOL, if I were you, I'd just change "eReader" to "e-reader" and be done!
since I doubt that anyone would think you were looking for humans with touchscreen capabilities
you are right.

...actually I was LOQ* while I wrote my reply to someone's protest against my using "eReader"...

*laughing out quietly
Clemenseken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 12:17 PM   #19
mrdini
Connoisseur
mrdini doesn't littermrdini doesn't litter

Device: Hanlin V2 & V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
One individual was able to get a price on a V2 directly from Jinke. This is good news as it is an interesting alternative to the other 800x600 eBook Readers in the market place. The V9's are in limbo due to availability of the larger screen but you didn't want a larger screen anyway so a V2 might be perfect for you. The V8 has an older OS and not nearly as desirable.

Dale
Oh wait, was this me? Oh heh - sorry for the late arrival in this thread then!

Yes - I got mine, and I have to say that it's bloody great, and at the same time, bloody frustrating.

In a nutshell - the hardware works really well, and I can zoom in and navigate around a "sheet of paper" using the touchscreen. In addition, I can annotate documents. I think it's great!

However, at the same time, Jinke's software is so annoying, and so brain-dead. It's exactly what using a Windows computer would be like after having only used Mac OS X :P The UI is fairly arcane, and does not always do what you'd expect it to do. Lots and lots of quirks in it.

But heck, given that the V2 sells for almost half the price of the only other touchscreen reader on the market, the Iliad, I'm not going to complain!

Any questions about the V2, feel free to ask in here or in the Hanlin forum
mrdini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 07:30 PM   #20
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
There is a new Touchscreen coming

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdini View Post
Oh wait, was this me? Oh heh - sorry for the late arrival in this thread then!

Yes - I got mine, and I have to say that it's bloody great, and at the same time, bloody frustrating.

In a nutshell - the hardware works really well, and I can zoom in and navigate around a "sheet of paper" using the touchscreen. In addition, I can annotate documents. I think it's great!

However, at the same time, Jinke's software is so annoying, and so brain-dead. It's exactly what using a Windows computer would be like after having only used Mac OS X :P The UI is fairly arcane, and does not always do what you'd expect it to do. Lots and lots of quirks in it.

But heck, given that the V2 sells for almost half the price of the only other touchscreen reader on the market, the Iliad, I'm not going to complain!

Any questions about the V2, feel free to ask in here or in the Hanlin forum
Just a note... but in February Astak will be selling the new "EZ Reader Pro". This is the American name for the Hanlin V3 and is backed by Astak... a USA firm. The new Touchscreen will have Wi-Fi and Note-Taking using a "soft keyboard". It will debut at the Astak booth at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas (January 8-11). The V3 software is excellent and was 8 years in development. G3 will be an option.

Also, Netronix is coming out with a new Touchscreen as well and will be debuted also as above. That one will have the new Epson Controller, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and Note-Taking. It will be released in the USA under the Mentor line.

Robert B
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote