Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 12-06-2010, 08:18 AM   #331
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I take it in context. A person speaking casually will use contractions and careless language, and it doesn't bother me. But I expect accurate grammar from a book's 3rd person narration, or from a magazine article: Unless there's some point to using bad grammar in news or narrative text, it better not be there.
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 11:52 AM   #332
Shazza
Addict
Shazza doesn't litterShazza doesn't litterShazza doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 3 - 3G & Wifi iphone
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceKrispy View Post
I just read this somewhere and thought it very fitting in this thread:

The Importance of Capitalizing letters appropriately. I cannot stress enough that grammar is important: Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
OMG the visual of that! It cracked me Up!
Shazza is offline   Reply With Quote