Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 11-06-2011, 07:31 AM   #1
Moketa
Moketa began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Vox
Calibre & Aldiko not working together!

I cannot get Aldiko to connect to my Calibre content server.Had a Kobo WiFi & it worked great on it,but not on Vox.
Any ideas?
Moketa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 07:51 AM   #2
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots and lots of electronic gadgets...
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=155802 https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=155802
Instructions in the above thread...
Cdesja5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-06-2011, 07:59 AM   #3
Moketa

Thanks for the reply.Tried this numerous times,keep getting"Could not connect to remote server"message.I'm sure this is the way I set up my Kobo WiFi but it's a no with the Vox
Old 11-06-2011, 08:08 AM   #4
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Mine works fine even when I have to change the ip address. Which seems to happen every time I turn off my computer and restart it. Key is making sure you have the right ip and the right port. Did you check that? Just entering the same as you had in your other reader may no longer be right...Also don't forget that you need to enter your ADE info into Aldiko if your bookss are DRMd.

Last edited by Cdesja5; 11-06-2011 at 08:11 AM.
Old 11-06-2011, 08:12 AM   #5
Moketa

Yes I did.I used "whatismyip" site & used that.The port according to Calibre is 8080.
Nothing!
Advert
Old 11-06-2011, 08:24 AM   #6
Cdesja5
Wizard

Well, we know the Vox itself is not the issue as several others have got it to work without a hitch...have you tried stopping and re-starting the Calibre server? Or perhaps doing an uninstall and then re-install Aldiko? Grasping at straws but if you are entering the right info it should be working!
Old 11-06-2011, 08:40 AM   #7
Moketa

Yes tried that,still "could not connect". When I test server in Calibre it works with "127.0.0.1:8080/'----is that what I should use in Aldiko?
Old 11-06-2011, 09:15 AM   #8
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
If you are connecting from your own network (ie you have a WiFi router at home, and are using it, and the PC running the Calibre Content Server is also on that same route) don't use the IP address that whatismyip is returning; instead use the IP address of your PC.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 09:36 AM   #9
Cdesja5
Wizard

I use http://192.xx8.1.xxx:8090/stanza because I'm using a different port. The IP you give is not really the one your computer is using on the router.
I installed the slideme app store (slideme.org) got the ipbook app from there to get the right host ip right from the Vox. Or you could open a command prompt on your computer and type in ipconfig (the ip is the one near the top that is next to the IPv4 address) or hostname to use that instead.

Last edited by Cdesja5; 11-06-2011 at 09:41 AM.
Old 11-06-2011, 11:58 AM   #10
Cdesja5
Wizard

just saw that you can also find your ip address directly on the Vox in the settings menu.
tap Home button
select settings
select wireless and networks
select wi-fi settings
tap Home button
tap advanced
your IP address is third row down...
Old 11-06-2011, 12:06 PM   #11
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
I just connected to Calibre with great success. Tapped the book I wanted and it installed into Aldiko without a hitch.

Make sure that the Calibre server is on! Note what port you have specified. I used the IP Address of the machine the Calibre server was running on as it is different from the one shown on the Vox. Type the IP Address followed by :8080 (use your specified port).

Last edited by taming; 11-06-2011 at 12:13 PM. Reason: looked more carefully
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 12:16 PM   #12
Moketa

Thanks for all the suggestions but still not working.Tried re-installing Aldiko,tried older version of Aldiko,downloaded IPbook app.,went to the settings menu to get the ip address & it is the same address as I have been using & it says"network problem" I'm stumped!
Old 11-06-2011, 12:26 PM   #13
Cdesja5
Wizard

Guess unless someone else has same problem and figures out a solution you're out of luck! Unless you go back to it later yourself and have an Ah-hah moment! I find that putting this kind of problem aside for a while and then going back later to try to resolve can be the best solution. Frustration can make me overlook the obvious sometimes!
Old 11-06-2011, 01:05 PM   #14
filmo
Wizard
filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Sony T1, Kobo Mini
I just noticed Calibre 0.8.25 is out updated to work with VOX

Last edited by filmo; 11-06-2011 at 01:10 PM.
filmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 01:06 PM   #15
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Any chance the port (8080) is being blocked by a firewall on your PC?

Do you have another PC on the local network you could try to connect from?
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote