Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-25-2011, 07:22 PM   #1
Sethman
Enthusiast
Sethman began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
Question of paid Apps

Being new to the Android Market. If you pay for an App. And it gets deleted. Is there a record of your purchase so that you can reload it in the future?

Sethman
Sethman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 07:28 PM   #2
jasoraso
Addict
jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Touch, Nook Color (rooted) and Samsung Galaxy Nexus
yes, the market ties it to your gmail account. Brand new phone - same apps ....

I have purchased apps from my droid incredible phone that are now available on my Nook
jasoraso is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-25-2011, 07:29 PM   #3
zartemis
Addict
zartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it is

Device: Kindle3, Kindle2, Nook, NookColor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sethman View Post
Being new to the Android Market. If you pay for an App. And it gets deleted. Is there a record of your purchase so that you can reload it in the future?
Yes. Although a developer can pull an app and reissue it as a different app and then you wouldn't be able to redownload it. So it's still wise to keep backups.

You also can view them by launching the Market app and then either viewing 'downloads' or (on the new market) 'My apps' and it will list an app as 'purchased' if you previously purchased it but it isn't installed. You should also have an email receipt for your purchase.

Generally if you pay for an app you can install it on all your android devices at no extra charge.
zartemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 09:49 PM   #4
Sethman
Enthusiast
Sethman began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
Thanks for the info. If updates flashed my Nook back there would be a record of what I purchased when I reroot.
Sethman is offline   Reply With Quote