Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-04-2011, 06:45 PM   #1
Alexpride
Enthusiast
Alexpride began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 900, Nook Color
Unreadable text!

First and foremost Thank you for an excellent software.

I have added some new newspaper feeds; the feeds do download correctly and the text is readable on my computer. Unfortunately when I transfer the files to my Sony 900 reader, the text becomes unreadable. The text is in arabic; I'm hinting that it is perhaps because my reader doesn't support that font.

I'm not sure how I could solve this issue. I hope the solution doesn't require me to insert a font file with the RSS feed file everytime a new RSS feed is fetched.

Thanks in advance!
Alexpride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 08:43 PM   #2
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexpride View Post
The text is in arabic; I'm hinting that it is perhaps because my reader doesn't support that font.
That's the problem.

Quote:
I'm not sure how I could solve this issue
There is a way to add fonts to the Sony line of ebook readers. I don't know the exact steps or what it requires as I don't have a Sony. I'll let someone with the device answer this part.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-05-2011, 12:23 AM   #3
Alexpride
Enthusiast

Does the kindle support foreign characters? Ipad?
Old 01-05-2011, 06:47 AM   #4
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Quote:
Does the kindle support foreign characters?
My understanding is yes. If you want to attach an Arabic language file (or a few pages of Arabic text) I can convert it and give it a try on my Kindle to confirm for you.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 06:58 AM   #5
Alexpride
Enthusiast

Thank you for your offer, my dad also has an ipad. i will try it on his.

Here is the news feed anyway.

http://www.rosaonline.net/RSS/Category.asp?id=338

Last edited by Alexpride; 01-06-2011 at 07:10 AM.
Advert
Old 01-18-2011, 10:22 PM   #6
Alexpride
Enthusiast

Yes, it is readable on the ipad. I didn't know how slow the ipad was when opening a book and at sometimes the software quits to the main menu.

Still does anyone know how to read the above RSS on my Sony 900?
Old 01-19-2011, 12:34 AM   #7
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Still does anyone know how to read the above RSS on my Sony 900?
You might want to ask in the Sony forum.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote