Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 05-04-2009, 10:21 PM   #1
MichealY
MichealY began at the beginning.

Device: psp
Hello From China

Hello,I'm a university student from China.
I like reading about mathematic,physics,biology,and Chinese Internet Novels.
MichealY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 03:17 AM   #2
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
Welcome, MichealY!
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-05-2009, 07:31 PM   #3
jinlo
aka coco jinlo
jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Just purchased Sony 505, but alas, it is for the wife
Hello MichealY:

May all your mathematical and physics equations always end up positive (unless of course you're really looking for a negative number)
jinlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 07:41 PM   #4
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi MichealY and welcome to MobileRead
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 05:58 AM   #5
Polyglot27
Addict
Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Gen3, Archos 80 G9, Sony PRS-650, Sony T1, Asus MemoPad.
Hi MichaelY, welcome to MR. One book I read many years ago which touched on all the subjects you are interested in, namely mathematics, physics, biology etc., is called "Grammatical Man" by Jeremy Campbell. It is about information theory but is very well written and easy to read. In fact, I still feel it is the only book on information theory which is accessible to the average person.
Another book you might enjoy is the biography of Joseph Needham, the man who gave us the monumental "Science and Civilisation in China". It is called "The Man who Loved China" and the author is Simon Winchester. His adventures in China during the war is very interesting and great fun to read.
Where do you get your Internet Chinese novels? What kind of novels are they?
Polyglot27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-08-2009, 01:55 AM   #6
MichealY
MichealY began at the beginning.

Device: psp
Thanks.

Polyglot27:
I have heard Joseph Needham from one of our most famous and fairest newpaper Southern Weekly.But I havn't read any of his works, We have a lot of things to learn enough as a Chinese University Student,and to tell your the truth it is not easy to calm down to read this kind of book for me now

We many university students,include many Chinese young age would like to read Internet Novels from a lot of novel portals.You should give about $0.1 per chapter,it is said that some of the writers could earn more than $150,000 one year.How about in your country.

Here is The Biggest Portal :http://www.qidian.com.

PS:this kind of Internet Novels is full of fantasy minds(we call it "YY"),a lot of them are about Sword and Magic,and to my thought,if some of them could be written in English,it maybe could be famous in Your Country too^_^.But what make me a bit sad is that almost all Chinese young age(about %80 up) would prefer this kind of fast food like literature,but forgive their graceful poem,literature.

---
MichealY

Last edited by MichealY; 05-08-2009 at 02:07 AM.
MichealY is offline   Reply With Quote