Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 10-10-2011, 06:16 PM   #1
Susan M
Susan M began at the beginning.

Device: none
TOC including footnotes

I am converting Word docs to epub. Everything is working well...except the footnote links are ending up in the TOC. I have changed the settings including the include zero links selection and I still get them. All of my chapters are coded h1 and showing up just fine. How do I eliminate the footnote numbers from my TOC?
Susan M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 06:54 PM   #2
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Assuming that your footnotes are not also coded as <h1>, you could try setting Convert - StructureDetection - Detect chapters at to //h:h1 and make sure that Convert - HeuristicProcessing - Enable heuristic processing is unchecked
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-11-2011, 03:12 PM   #3
Susan M
Susan M began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thank you, Jackie. It now works perfectly.
Susan M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 04:16 PM   #4
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
You're welcome
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
footnote links, toc problem