Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 11-06-2010, 08:01 PM   #1
CazMar
Book Geek
CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Asus MemPad 7" tablet, Nexus 5, Asus 10" tablet
Handy hint? Study notes on ereader

There is probably a topic thread for this somewhere, but I'm not sure what it is!
I was trying to get some university study notes on my Kobo, with the thought I might actually read the stuff on the bus etc. I tried converting it to HTML, making EPUB books etc etc. Works but it's tedious even for an experienced HTML writer and using some of the original PDF files became hard to read. Yesterday I got an inspirational flash and used Open Office to create a set of study notes.
I created a page template exactly the same size as my Kobo screen and set a margin (about .5 cm should do it) and set the type to 10 pitch. Then I copied all my study notes out of the various documents and pasted them into the new template and checked everything was in 10 pitch. This should retain the bolding and new paragraphs from the original document.
Then just tell Open Office to export it as a PDF document. It's easy to read because it is already the same size as your screen, no having to resize.
A quick and dirty way to convert short documents - perhaps lists you need or similar. And you can re-use the template any time.
Until there is a free program to resize PDF documents this might be the easiest way to do this job.
CazMar is offline   Reply With Quote