Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-12-2011, 09:36 PM   #526
volvik
volvik began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle WiFi
Well That was Quick!

Just had an on line chat with a CSR from the Kindle Team regarding buying the KSO and the lighted cover at the same time and getting the 50% off deal for the cover.

Without hesitation the CSR gave me a $30 credit on the account which was automatically applied to my purchase of both the KSO and cover.

Easy peasy.....only one person more impressed and happy with this arrangement and service and that would be.....

my wife

Thanks a lot gang....what a great discussion forum.

Ron
volvik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 10:52 AM   #527
DuskyRose
Guru
DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Palma, Kdle Scribe & Paperwhite, Kobo Eclipsa 2e & Libra 2, Ipads
Okay, I have a question. I got confirmation by email that I've been credited $10 to my Amazon.com account. Tried to spend in on an Agency book (ugh) and realized what I'd done wouldn't work. ("These promotional funds can only be used on products sold by Amazon.com and cannot be applied to Kindle books sold directly by the publisher." Duh.) Oh, well, wanted the book anyway.

Tried again and bought a book sold by "Amazon Digital Services" and once again, my credit card was charged and no credit showing.

Bought some Pet medicine for my cat, (which I was going to do anyway) and no credit on the purchase there.

Either something not working, I'm picking the wrong things, or I spent the credit already. (Very possible. I'd bought other books with my credit balance earlier in the day.)

But I've check my gift card balance, and no credits since 08 Aug, one for $9.95 which I don't remember what that would have been from.

What am I missing here? Where would this credit show up?
DuskyRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-13-2011, 04:34 PM   #528
ovaldisk
Connoisseur
ovaldisk is no e-book dilettante.ovaldisk is no e-book dilettante.ovaldisk is no e-book dilettante.ovaldisk is no e-book dilettante.ovaldisk is no e-book dilettante.ovaldisk is no e-book dilettante.ovaldisk is no e-book dilettante.ovaldisk is no e-book dilettante.ovaldisk is no e-book dilettante.ovaldisk is no e-book dilettante.ovaldisk is no e-book dilettante.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
ovaldisk, were you able to access the folder?

brdwygurl, thanks
I did see the assets folder on my KSO 3G. However, it was empty inside.
My PC is set up to view all hidden and system files. When I right-clicked
the assets folder and selected properties, it came back as 0 bytes.

Perhaps it's because my KSO 3G was only purchased 10 days ago?
ovaldisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 08:51 PM   #529
sachinwalia
Connoisseur
sachinwalia began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone 4, iPad, Kindle Fire, Kindle SO
Thanks OP, I got a whopping 20% discount on macbook pro because of this thread. I cannot thank you enough. The discount itself was double the price of kindle.
sachinwalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 09:30 PM   #530
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by odiakkoh View Post
And my credits weren't ones that expired yet. I'm pretty sure I know what's on my account better than you. Seriously, this is kind of ridiculous.
Chill.

How am I to know you missed the one that expired just as you saw a problem (and for the amount you found missing)?

In any case, you were confused on how the promo categories worked (and I know see a new Apps for Android category in some views ... and $5 of what I currently have won't work for such apps).
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-13-2011, 09:33 PM   #531
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuskyRose View Post
Either something not working, I'm picking the wrong things, or I spent the credit already. (Very possible. I'd bought other books with my credit balance earlier in the day.)

But I've check my gift card balance, and no credits since 08 Aug, one for $9.95 which I don't remember what that would have been from.

What am I missing here? Where would this credit show up?
The Promo credit just shows up in your balances page (which you can only easliy check from an MP3 or Instant video page, not from the Manage My Gift card page).

You can skim thru your orders and digital orders since Aug 5/6 (which is when it actually appeared for some) and see if the order details show a promo credit.
Old 08-13-2011, 09:35 PM   #532
koland
Grand Sorcerer

Two new offers today:

Save $25 when you spend $100 on textbooks at Amazon.com

Save $5 at Amazon MP3
Old 08-14-2011, 02:05 AM   #533
ovaldisk
Connoisseur
ovaldisk is no e-book dilettante.ovaldisk is no e-book dilettante.ovaldisk is no e-book dilettante.ovaldisk is no e-book dilettante.ovaldisk is no e-book dilettante.ovaldisk is no e-book dilettante.ovaldisk is no e-book dilettante.ovaldisk is no e-book dilettante.ovaldisk is no e-book dilettante.ovaldisk is no e-book dilettante.ovaldisk is no e-book dilettante.

Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
That's probably going to be very hard to use. What college kid spends
just $100 on textbooks? My kid had to spent nearly $1100 on textbookx
last semester alone. Ended up with used textbooks... if we went with
brand new textbooks, it would have been over $2000.
Old 08-14-2011, 03:42 AM   #534
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
New Offers (claim by 16 Aug)

Expiring Offers (links in OP)
  • 25- $10 off $25 Sun Care Products -- expires 15 Aug
  • 05- 50% off Roku Player -- expires 16 Aug
  • 26- $10 off $20 Kindle Access -- expires 19 Aug

Future Offers (via .assets folder)
  • Save $5 on a $10 Purchase at Amazon
  • Get $50 Amazon Gift Card for Amazon Rewards Visa Card
  • Save $40 on a $100 Watch purchase at endless.com
  • Buy one of 100 Kindle books on Investing for $1
  • Save an extra 50% on back-to-school Groceries

Next Offer(s) should appear 17 Aug
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 11:29 AM   #535
DuskyRose
Guru
DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Palma, Kdle Scribe & Paperwhite, Kobo Eclipsa 2e & Libra 2, Ipads
Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
The Promo credit just shows up in your balances page (which you can only easliy check from an MP3 or Instant video page, not from the Manage My Gift card page).
Thanks. I finally did see the "Promo Balance" box. I don't do MP3 or Video's from Amazon, so had never seen the box before from those pages.

I think I did see it a week or so ago when one popped up, so probably spent it.

What a mess to find. They can't just have one page with all the balances and codes? Ugh.
DuskyRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 12:28 PM   #536
koland
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovaldisk View Post
That's probably going to be very hard to use. What college kid spends
just $100 on textbooks? My kid had to spent nearly $1100 on textbookx
last semester alone. Ended up with used textbooks... if we went with
brand new textbooks, it would have been over $2000.
There are tons of books there that are of general interest (at least, to me) and are not "textbooks" in the strictest sense. However, they all qualify, so long as they are in the textbook store.

Would have been quite easy for me to use, at pretty much anytime in school. There was always at least one class where a new edition was required or it was the type of class where you REALLY didn't want someone else's notes in your books.
Old 08-14-2011, 04:45 PM   #537
ovaldisk
Connoisseur

There's something I can't figure out.

Are all these Special Offers meant to help boost sales of Kindle e-readers?
Or are they menat to help boost sales of stuff sold by Amazon.com?

If it's tha latter, why not just make these offers to all Amazon customers?(even those who don't own Kindles e-readers.... reading on Kindle for PC, for example)
Old 08-14-2011, 09:31 PM   #538
koland
Grand Sorcerer

They are a bribe .... err .... reward to those who are willing to view the ads on a Kindle from which Amazon no doubt derives some revenue.

They also provide valuable research data, as ad delivery on ereaders is still in it's infancy (especially in regards to tolerated and mainstream advertising).
Old 08-15-2011, 01:59 PM   #539
shibamistress
Groupie
shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KSO (3G), Nook Color, android apps
I'm pretty pleased with the $25 off on textbooks. I'm going back to school myself this fall in massage therapy and the books are EXPENSIVE so any break I can get will help!
shibamistress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 12:29 PM   #540
koland
Grand Sorcerer

Today's new offers:

Save $40 when you spend $100 on watches at endless.com
Save $5 on a $10 purchase at Amazon.com