Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 07-13-2011, 06:08 PM   #1
itm
itm began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS650R
Tips for reading A4 PDF magazines on PRS-650?

I'd like to read scanned magazines in PDF format (e.g. PC Magazine), but am finding navigation quite awkward using the PRS-650. 3-column and 2-column modes leave the text too small to be read. Zooming in makes the text perfectly readable, but then having to manually scroll around the page makes reading the magazine very awkward, and moving from one page to the next also isn't possible while zoomed in.
Does anyone have any tips for reading this type of content?
itm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 06:20 PM   #2
sonyreaderfan
Groupie
sonyreaderfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sonyreaderfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sonyreaderfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sonyreaderfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sonyreaderfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sonyreaderfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sonyreaderfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sonyreaderfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sonyreaderfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sonyreaderfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sonyreaderfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader Prs 950, iPad
The best way is probably to read it in landscape mode, page mode set to margin-cut.
sonyreaderfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 03:26 AM   #3
itm
itm began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS650R
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonyreaderfan View Post
The best way is probably to read it in landscape mode, page mode set to margin-cut.
I did try that but unfortunately the fonts are too small to be readable in that mode also.
It's a shame that there isn't a mode which integrates custom page zoom with column mode, and also allows you to move from one page from the next without cancelling the selected zoom.
itm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 11:34 AM   #4
UpSpin
Enthusiast
UpSpin with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitUpSpin with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitUpSpin with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitUpSpin with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitUpSpin with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitUpSpin with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitUpSpin with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitUpSpin with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitUpSpin with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitUpSpin with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitUpSpin with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Device: Sony PRS-650
remove the white border with a PDF cropping tool and the font should get readable in a column mode. (at least it is for me) That's all you can do.

Take a look in my signature, I wrote a bit about PDF files on the Sony Reader.
UpSpin is offline   Reply With Quote