Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-16-2009, 05:32 PM   #1
Blurr
Blurr began at the beginning.

Device: none
regex search for roman numerals

I'll preface this by saying that this is the first time I've used regex.

using the expression

//h:b[re:test(., '\bX{0,2}V?I{0,3}V?X?\b')]

to search for roman numerals but it's still picking up words with an I in them like CHOICE or HOLIDAY. shouldn't the word boundry \b markers take care of that, or do they not "collapse" in when no X or V is found?

there may be a better and more efficient way to do this, but like I said, this is one of the first regex lines I've written.

Thanks
Blurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 05:36 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Easier to use

Code:
'[XVIL]+'
which makes use of the fact that there are no (or very few) words made up only of the letters X,V,I or L
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-16-2009, 05:55 PM   #3
Blurr
Blurr began at the beginning.

Device: none
Heh, wow, just a tad more efficient. Still needs the \b markers though or it picks up words with an I in them. Thanks.
Blurr is offline   Reply With Quote