Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 04-11-2008, 08:01 AM   #1
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
New blog entry...

The blog called "Bookeen official blog" has a new blog entry but I cannot tell what it says since it is in French. I wonder why they do not write in English on a blog called "Bookeen official blog".

http://bookeen.blogspot.com/
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 08:07 AM   #2
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
well perhaps it's because they are french people in a french company, and they feel a bit more comfortable writing in french. there are online translation tools available.

so you know, the article is talking about the developpment of their reseller network, and listing new places where you can buy the Gen3 : some new online merchants, as well as some new bookstores in Europe (including Poland and Czech Republic), and most interesting to me, they also are available at Brentano's which is a very old and famous bookstore in Paris, and apparently they are on display there ! so i have to go now because i've been waiting a long time to see one live....
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-11-2008, 08:16 AM   #3
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
well perhaps it's because they are french people in a french company, and they feel a bit more comfortable writing in french. there are online translation tools available.
Yes, it is not hard to see why it happens. My point was that if you have a blog with an English title it seems reasonable to write in English on the blog.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 09:22 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
You can stop complaining, Tommy - it's there in English now .
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 09:53 AM   #5
Zarkov
Zarkov began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
Yes, it is not hard to see why it happens. My point was that if you have a blog with an English title it seems reasonable to write in English on the blog.
Their blog does seem to have a comment option, you could post these wonderful opinions on their board.

Or just post 'where's my firmware?' over and over again.
Zarkov is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-11-2008, 10:14 AM   #6
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarkov View Post
Their blog does seem to have a comment option, you could post these wonderful opinions on their board.

Or just post 'where's my firmware?' over and over again.
Great Idea!
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 10:54 AM   #7
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Oh! My spleen!
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 10:58 AM   #8
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
Great Idea!

NOT a great idea! In fact it's a very BAD idea! If enough people post something like this to the blog's comments, the Bookeen staffers will get fed up and just ignore everything posted there - it's just human nature to do so.

Look, I'm as frustrated as everyone else over getting the next firmware update. And I believe, having been in such a situation, that the Bookeen staff are already stressing out over trying to get the latest revision out.

To give yourselves an idea of what they must be feeling now, imagine you're at your jobs, in the most stressful situations you can imagine. Now picture a three-tier wall of cells full of extremely pissed off convicts who're slamming their drink cups against the cell bars, screaming your name, shaking the bars badly enough to start to crumble the mortar holding them to the walls. You think you might become even more stress, yes?

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 12:52 PM   #9
Zarkov
Zarkov began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by delphidb96 View Post
NOT a great idea! In fact it's a very BAD idea! If enough people post something like this to the blog's comments, the Bookeen staffers will get fed up and just ignore everything posted there - it's just human nature to do so.

Look, I'm as frustrated as everyone else over getting the next firmware update. And I believe, having been in such a situation, that the Bookeen staff are already stressing out over trying to get the latest revision out.

To give yourselves an idea of what they must be feeling now, imagine you're at your jobs, in the most stressful situations you can imagine. Now picture a three-tier wall of cells full of extremely pissed off convicts who're slamming their drink cups against the cell bars, screaming your name, shaking the bars badly enough to start to crumble the mortar holding them to the walls. You think you might become even more stress, yes?

Derek

Whoa… Delphid, I was just joking, certain people seem to be getting real riled up about waiting for firmware.
The way people are constantly asking for the firmware just gave me the mental image of a really frustrated father driving to Disneyland with six kids in the back shouting are we there yet?
Personally I don’t mind at all I’m in no particular hurry, the Cybook is working perfectly as far as I’m concerned. (it allows me to read books)
Besides I’m quite used it, I currently own about 7 devices which are in need of a good firmware or driver update, all of them will arrive sooner or later, and at least the Cybook doesn’t have the tendency to crash, up the volume by a significant level and repeat the same 0.25 seconds of audio over and over again.
Zarkov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 01:22 PM   #10
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:
Whoa… Delphid, I was just joking, certain people seem to be getting real riled up about waiting for firmware.
The way people are constantly asking for the firmware just gave me the mental image of a really frustrated father driving to Disneyland with six kids in the back shouting are we there yet?
Personally I don’t mind at all I’m in no particular hurry, the Cybook is working perfectly as far as I’m concerned. (it allows me to read books)
Besides I’m quite used it, I currently own about 7 devices which are in need of a good firmware or driver update, all of them will arrive sooner or later, and at least the Cybook doesn’t have the tendency to crash, up the volume by a significant level and repeat the same 0.25 seconds of audio over and over again.

I can understand that. But there are some people who would take your suggestion literally and I can imagine how Bookeen would react if their blog were spammed like that.

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 03:50 PM   #11
JWLaRue
Addict
JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505 (blue, of course!)
Okay...so hammering Bookeen on their web site may be an extreme reaction (I agree), but I'm also thinking that they shouldn't be let off the hook entirely either.

There should be some reasonable means to ensure that some part of their customer community is not happy with how they are conducting business.

-Jeff
JWLaRue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 04:56 PM   #12
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Isn't this why you buy an GPS? You can say 3 hours and 15 minutes or whatever.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 08:44 PM   #13
Krystian Galaj
Guru
Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Bookeen Cybook
Quote:
Originally Posted by delphidb96 View Post
I can understand that. But there are some people who would take your suggestion literally and I can imagine how Bookeen would react if their blog were spammed like that.

Derek
They probably wouldn't notice for a week or two. I don't think they bother to check their emails more often than every few days...
Krystian Galaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 11:39 PM   #14
Halk
Fanatic
Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 (PRS+ alpha - thanks Kartu!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWLaRue View Post
Okay...so hammering Bookeen on their web site may be an extreme reaction (I agree), but I'm also thinking that they shouldn't be let off the hook entirely either.

There should be some reasonable means to ensure that some part of their customer community is not happy with how they are conducting business.

-Jeff
I'm more concerned that prospective customers buy the Cybook without knowing their less than stellar communications.

Thankfully before I bought mine I came here and was able to find out.

So I'm pleased that a comment has gone up, I don't see any need to spam them.

It's really quite frustrating though, all they need to do is spend 30 minutes a week doing a blog entry, and spend a few hours a week on an appropriate forum (this one would be sound) and they'd have us all singing their praises.
Halk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 04:03 AM   #15
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halk View Post
I'm more concerned that prospective customers buy the Cybook without knowing their less than stellar communications.
As you've seen from my two recent e-mails requesting information about the firmware upgrade, that certainly doesn't seem to be a universal truth. The first of them was answered virtually instantly (in about 2 minutes, literally); the second in slightly over 1h. They've got a LOT better about answering e-mail in the last couple of months.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote