Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-11-2012, 08:38 AM   #1
dakini
not "it"
dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 7th gen
books on sd card?

Hi, perhaps a basic question. But I've never tried this before.

I'm off on holidays with my friend soon, and she's asked me for copies of my (public domain) Austen, Bronte etc ... if I just copy them from my computer to a micro SD card will that allow her Kobo to read them? I won't be seeing her till we're on holidays, so no chance to sideload them from my own computer.

We both have Kobo touches. I'm not sure what update she's running, though.

Her initial idea was that we just "swap" readers with each other ... I'd rather just hand her a card for her reader, rather than hand her my reader.

Thoughts on if this will work?
dakini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 09:00 AM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
That should work. When the SD card is put into the Touch, it scans for books and adds them to the library. When the cards is removed, the books are removed from the library. Transferring the SD card to the other Touch will just make them available there.

The only issue is that not all SD cards work with all Touches. I have two that work perfectly. Others here have had lots of problems with different SD cards.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-11-2012, 05:29 PM   #3
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
The only issue is that not all SD cards work with all Touches. I have two that work perfectly. Others here have had lots of problems with different SD cards.
So best to test the SD card you put books on in your own Touch first, to make sure it's compatible with the Touch.
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 07:21 PM   #4
dakini
not "it"
dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 7th gen
thanks both of you! i've still not filled up my reader, so i'd not used a card, and didn't know if it had to stay with only one reader. i'll probably make 2 copies on different brands of cards just to be safe. the low-memory ones are relatively cheap!
dakini is offline   Reply With Quote