Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 09-18-2010, 05:36 AM   #31
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Weekdays: as as bare minimum 30 min during lunch and 30 min before I go to sleep. However, I try it to be 45 min before I switch off the lights in bed and another 20 min in toilet

Weekends: if my friends' computers are in a good order and I don't get any busman holidays and my wife's itching for travelling is not too bad or she is too busy then it might be 3-4 hours a day
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 05:44 AM   #32
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
I have a full-time job, three young kids, and I read (for pleasure) at least 30-45 minutes in the morning and 45minutes-2 hours in the evening. Some days (especially weekends), it's more like 5-6 hours a day, if I can swing it. Work and kids take up a lot of time though....
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-18-2010, 06:37 AM   #33
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceKrispy View Post
I have a full-time job, three young kids, and I read (for pleasure) at least 30-45 minutes in the morning and 45minutes-2 hours in the evening. Some days (especially weekends), it's more like 5-6 hours a day, if I can swing it. Work and kids take up a lot of time though....
Most certainly your husband shares a big load of responsibilities/chores for kids
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 06:41 AM   #34
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
Quote:
Originally Posted by astra View Post
Most certainly your husband shares a big load of responsibilities/chores for kids

Now *that's* funny!
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 07:59 AM   #35
ellimak
I spit hot fire
ellimak can differentiate black from dark navy blueellimak can differentiate black from dark navy blueellimak can differentiate black from dark navy blueellimak can differentiate black from dark navy blueellimak can differentiate black from dark navy blueellimak can differentiate black from dark navy blueellimak can differentiate black from dark navy blueellimak can differentiate black from dark navy blueellimak can differentiate black from dark navy blueellimak can differentiate black from dark navy blueellimak can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Nook, or as I call him, Sir Nookington
I have a pretty short commute to work, so in the mornings I usually only get about 30 minutes of reading in. I always use my entire lunch hour for reading. When I go to the gym, if I need to wait for a machine (which, admittedly, isn't often) I end up reading for 15-30 minutes. The commute back home is another 30 minutes. Weekday total: 2 hrs.

On the weekend, I read significantly more. Usually at least 4 or 5 hours each day.
ellimak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-18-2010, 12:55 PM   #36
M. R. Mathias
Banned
M. R. Mathias has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kindle k3, PC
When I am writing I barely read. When I'm not writing I read 200-400 pages a day.
M. R. Mathias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 03:01 PM   #37
Selcien
Enthusiast
Selcien has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Selcien has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Selcien has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Selcien has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: nook color
It's really diificult for me to say as I go through phases where I don't read at all, the last one lasted three months and ended just short of the middle of last month. Since then I've grown increasingly tired of reading on my PRS-600 to the point where I'm counting the days until I can get my hands on my 350.

0 hours when I'm not reading at all, obviously.

20 to 25 minutes on workdays (lunch break) when I'm hardly reading at all, and about an hour to an hour and a half when I've been more interested in reading.

Non-work days (weekends, holidays, vacation days), can vary from none at all to, at most, six hours, but that's been extremely rare, a good day is about two hours.

For a while there the problem that I had with reading was that I wasn't enjoying most of what I read, I've found a couple of authors that I do enjoy reading (Terry Pratchett and Christopher Moore), now I just need an e-reader that is enjoyable to read on (the lighting at home isn't particularly good and I hate having to use extra lights like the mighty bright since I have to attach it directly to the Reader since I also hate using the book like covers). I'm hoping that the 350 will be what I need, if not then I'm going to start looking for something that's back lit (I've been afraid of trying them previously but if the Pearl e-ink screen isn't good enough then there isn't much choice in the matter), once I've found the right e-reader for me I'm sure that the amount of time I read per day will increase, hopefully by a lot.
Selcien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 03:32 PM   #38
SkyDream
Wizard
SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.

Device: PRS-650, iPod touch 4G, iPad 3
As much as possible.
At least 30-60 minutes before going to sleep.
Mostly 1-2 hours a day.
SkyDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 03:41 PM   #39
lila55
Fanatic
lila55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lila55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lila55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lila55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lila55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lila55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lila55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lila55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lila55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lila55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lila55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360° , iPhone 5, PRS-650, Sony PRS-T2, Sony PRS-T3, Tolino
On work days usually 30 min. each during my ride to work and the ride home, then about 30 minutes at lunchtime. In the evenings about 2-3 hours, so that comes to sth. like 4 hours a day. And, depending what else is planned or how much I am into a particular book, on the weekends that can be easily 8 hours or more a day.
lila55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 05:02 PM   #40
myjsbest4u
myjsbest4u began at the beginning.

Device: none
I read daily the top stories in newspaper, just half an hour, and during weekends 2-3 hours.
myjsbest4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 05:09 PM   #41
lost66615
Enthusiast
lost66615 doesn't litterlost66615 doesn't litter

Device: kindle dx
every day all day 2 to 3 books depends on how long they are
lost66615 is offline   Reply With Quote