Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-30-2011, 09:32 AM   #1
bluerfoot
Zealot
bluerfoot understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'bluerfoot understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'bluerfoot understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'bluerfoot understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'bluerfoot understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'bluerfoot understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'bluerfoot understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'bluerfoot understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'bluerfoot understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'bluerfoot understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'bluerfoot understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Device: sony pocketbook 350
can you hold to turn multiple pages on the kindle touch

I spent some time in the local book store on the nook touch and thought it was a great little reader. I especially liked being able to hold the physical buttons down to do multi page turns. I had a sony prs 350 (got broken ) that had a similar functionality. I am hoping/assuming that the kindle touch offers this same feature because I am trying to read tech books and I need to jump around a bit. can anybody confirm deny this feature? thanks. when you press/hold will it turn multiple pages or do I have to keep tapping manually?
bluerfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 10:28 AM   #2
Mike L
Wizard
Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Samsung Galaxy
Good question. I'd like to know the answer too.

One of the few things I dislike about the Kindle 2 is that is so difficult to flick forward or backward several pages at a time.

Mike
Mike L is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-30-2011, 11:20 AM   #3
Pomtroll
Guru
Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, Sony T1, Kindle Touch, Kindle PW1
If it has, I haven't figured it out yet. I do like that about the Sonys.
Pomtroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 11:33 AM   #4
bluerfoot
Zealot
bluerfoot understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'bluerfoot understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'bluerfoot understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'bluerfoot understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'bluerfoot understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'bluerfoot understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'bluerfoot understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'bluerfoot understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'bluerfoot understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'bluerfoot understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'bluerfoot understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

That sucks, after using the nook touch (and reading multiple kindle vs nook reviews) I am really wishing I had not gotten locked into the amazon ecosystem, seems they (barnes and noble) are putting out a better device at a better price point today.
Old 11-30-2011, 11:35 AM   #5
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluerfoot View Post
That sucks, after using the nook touch (and reading multiple kindle vs nook reviews) I am really wishing I had not gotten locked into the amazon ecosystem, seems they (barnes and noble) are putting out a better device at a better price point today.
Depends what you're looking for. I find great value in being able to sync sideloaded books across devices. You can't get that with Barnes and Noble. But, I'm also disappointed that you can't rapidly flip through pages. I simple slider bar would suffice.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-30-2011, 03:01 PM   #6
bluerfoot
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
Depends what you're looking for. I find great value in being able to sync sideloaded books across devices. You can't get that with Barnes and Noble. But, I'm also disappointed that you can't rapidly flip through pages. I simple slider bar would suffice.
oh so there is no hold to flip and no slider? I figured there was a slider but now hold to flip. hmm...grrrr.
Old 11-30-2011, 03:27 PM   #7
mewmartigan
Guru
mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis (2019)
if you tap the screen quickly it will fast forward through pages very quickly. Although you could always use "go to" also.

I'm not sure I would say that B&N is putting out a better device...they both seem pretty even give or take a few features (physical buttons vs. x-ray, etc).
mewmartigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 03:28 PM   #8
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluerfoot View Post
oh so there is no hold to flip and no slider? I figured there was a slider but now hold to flip. hmm...grrrr.
Yeah, I figured the same thing. Thought there would be a slider. Pretty basic for a touch screen. Guess they left that out in their haste to get this thing on the market.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 05:43 AM   #9
Stingo
Fanatic
Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KH2O, KPW2, KDXG, KPW1, K3, S505
Also, swiping up or down on the screen in most books/periodicals will jumpt to the next or previous article/chapter.
Stingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 12:28 PM   #10
bluerfoot
Zealot

Is this the type of thing that might be added in a firmware upgrade? It just seems weird that my prs 350 had this over a year ago.