Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-01-2011, 02:27 AM   #1
shynin
shynin began at the beginning.

Device: kindle DXG
kindle cannot read any files after failed to duokan installing

I'm using kindle DXG 2.5.8.

I installed kindle-jailbreak-0.7.N, and kindle-fonts-4.9.N-k2, and used severel days well.

I tried to install the Duokan_0_5_13_8942__2011_05_20_english

I had to uninstall hacks, but I miss that, that's my fault

after update not successful messages,

I did reset to factory defaults, it was... huge mistake.. I think.

after reset, i tried to uninstalled the duokan, font hack, jailbreak,

but kindle keep showing update not successful error(0003)

and "update your kindle" is inactive with any bin files in setting menu.

file transfering via USB is okay, but kindle cannot find txt, pdf, azw, mp3... files in kindle.

There is just archived items and "The new oxford..." in the Home list.

I can open only dictionary file.

And diskspace is full enough(about 3.3GB), but kindle shows 38MB free.

I tried to download from archived items.

buy some books in the amazon,

then archived items' number is up, but kindle cannot download them.

and I tried debugOn and dumpMessages, I think it's not work

Is there any way to fix this problem?

Last edited by shynin; 11-01-2011 at 02:30 AM.
shynin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 10:56 PM   #2
adamzy
adamzy began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DXG, Kindle3
Hi, shynin. Have you got any solution yet?

I encounter the same problem on my DXG.
I have installed Doukan, jailbreak and font hack.
It shows there are 38 mb free space and cannot recognize any books except the original dict.

I tried the recovery mode with the emergency.sh, but it seems that my kindle didn't read any files on the internal flash driver. I guess the system didn't mount the flash driver correctly.

If you got any idea to solve this, please let me know. Thanks!
adamzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-10-2011, 01:20 AM   #3
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
I sent this thread to the developer IRC channel. I am too tired to research this right now. Perhaps somebody there will know what to do. Due to varying timezones and busy schedules, it could take a day or more before you get assistance.

One thing you may try is to mount this as a USB Drive on a PC, make a backup copy of your files, and then delete some documents or other large files on the kindle to free up some space.

You may find other possible solutions to your problem (or at least some clues) in other threads on this site. Try using the mobileread search engine (or Google).

Good luck (and good night)...

Last edited by geekmaster; 12-10-2011 at 01:24 AM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 10:33 AM   #4
whoever
Enthusiast
whoever , Klaatu Barada Niktu!whoever , Klaatu Barada Niktu!whoever , Klaatu Barada Niktu!whoever , Klaatu Barada Niktu!whoever , Klaatu Barada Niktu!whoever , Klaatu Barada Niktu!whoever , Klaatu Barada Niktu!whoever , Klaatu Barada Niktu!whoever , Klaatu Barada Niktu!whoever , Klaatu Barada Niktu!whoever , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Windows XP
I assume everyone followed the 3.2.1 upgrade and made a back up first? Then it's easy to return to original 2.5.8 state. I have done a half a dozen times.
whoever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 11:58 AM   #5
adamzy
adamzy began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DXG, Kindle3
Hi geekmaster and whoever, thanks for the quick reply. I have contacted amazon and they arranged to ship me a new one. Of course, I need to return the present one.
I have to admit amazon has a nice service.

To geekmaster:
I tried to mount it normally or under recovery mode, the internal flash driver has 3.3GB free space, so I guess the system didn't mount the driver correctly. Maybe it has been linked to another place or failed to mount the /mnt/us partition?

I have checked the source code of jailbreak and font hack. They did quite a good job and everything they did is clear. However, the Duokan team didn't provide their code and I can't figure out what they did.
I have read several posts of the same problem. All of them have Duokan installed. My thought is it's should be related to the Duokan system. I posted the question on duokan's forum, but no reply yet. ( I still like Duokan as it has several useful functions, e.g. support djvu files.)

To whoever:
I regret for haven't noticing Yifan's interesting post about update and recovery kernel of dxg before. I will do that when I got my new kindle dxg and I am doing it now for my kindle3.

Last edited by adamzy; 12-10-2011 at 12:02 PM.
adamzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert