Notices

Old 12-22-2010, 02:02 PM   #16
KRorschachZ
Update
KRorschachZ doesn't litterKRorschachZ doesn't litterKRorschachZ doesn't litter

Device: kindle DX graphite, we need update/firmware with optios PDF Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by terencek View Post
For anyone outside the USA following this thread, here's the bad news in an answer just sent to me with Amazon's legendary efficiency:

"I understand your concern and I'm sorry for any inconvenience. Currently, Kindle active content is only available to customers located in the United States. We value our international customers and hope to make Kindle active content available in more locations in the future."

So: no Scrabble or Monopoly for non-US folks like me hoping for an electronic stocking filler!
Currently, Kindle active content is only...

in the future...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhNM2K8cmU8

Quote:
In the year of 2525
If man is still alive
If woman can survive
They may find
In the year of 3535
Can't tell the truth, can't tell no lie
Everything you think, do and say
Is in the pill you took today
In the year of 4545
Won't need no teeth ,won't need your eyes
Won't find a thing to do
Nobody's gonna look at you
In the year of 5555
Your arms are hanging limp at your side
Your legs have nothing to do
Some machines doin' that for you
In the year of 6565
Won't need no husband, won't need no wife
You'll pick your sons, pick your daughters too
From the bottom of a long glass tube wouwo
In the year of 7510
If god is commin' he should make it by then
Maybe he'll look around and say:
"Now it's time for the judgement day!"
In the year of 8510
God is gonna shake his mighty hand
He'll leave a salient place where man has been
Or tear it down and start again wouwo
In the year of 9595
I'm wondering if man is gonna be alive
He's taken everything earth had to give
And he's put back nothing wouwo
Now it's been 10.000 years man has cried a million tears
For what he never knew now man's dream is through
But through eternal light the twinklin' of starlight
So very far away now it's night to yesterday

Read more: http://www.metrolyrics.com/in-the-ye...#ixzz18rw2Muxd
remix:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0G-XA...eature=related

Last edited by KRorschachZ; 12-22-2010 at 02:04 PM.
KRorschachZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 01:57 AM   #17
Barty
doofus
Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by carld View Post
Even with a low-powered system like the Kindle a strong chess program should be easily possible. Chess programs have gotten SO strong that Chess Genius on my phone beats me most of the time on instant move.

I had a little chess playing gizmo back in the 80s. I'm sure the processor it had wasn't a tenth as fast as the one in the kindle
Barty is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-23-2010, 07:06 AM   #18
dvhh
Enthusiast
dvhh plays well with othersdvhh plays well with othersdvhh plays well with othersdvhh plays well with othersdvhh plays well with othersdvhh plays well with othersdvhh plays well with othersdvhh plays well with othersdvhh plays well with othersdvhh plays well with othersdvhh plays well with others

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by terencek View Post
For anyone outside the USA following this thread, here's the bad news in an answer just sent to me with Amazon's legendary efficiency:

"I understand your concern and I'm sorry for any inconvenience. Currently, Kindle active content is only available to customers located in the United States. We value our international customers and hope to make Kindle active content available in more locations in the future."

So: no Scrabble or Monopoly for non-US folks like me hoping for an electronic stocking filler!
I live too outside the US and my current solution is to jailbreak then code myself, but I would also say that except for the English/some western language, localization support is very poor, one of my friend is complaining about Chinese char support, and I can hardly see any Chinese or Japanese input method support (I won't even try other exotic charset). But Amazon is coding its sofware almost from scratch and I guess it would be ready for international scene in 5 years.
In the meantime, enjoy the international restriction as they are, the kindle is still a great ebook reader after all.
dvhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 01:16 AM   #19
KRorschachZ
Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barty View Post
I had a little chess playing gizmo back in the 80s. I'm sure the processor it had wasn't a tenth as fast as the one in the kindle
kindle fave 600 mhz. arm cpu... I calculate perphas 2700 ELO U.S.C.F. chess game... and option to play versus another engines / players and solved problems...

pd: I don´t need 3D pawn´s or kinetic gestual for play chess on my kindle... 8-)

Last edited by KRorschachZ; 12-28-2010 at 01:21 AM.
Old 12-28-2010, 02:19 AM   #20
dvhh
Enthusiast
dvhh plays well with othersdvhh plays well with othersdvhh plays well with othersdvhh plays well with othersdvhh plays well with othersdvhh plays well with othersdvhh plays well with othersdvhh plays well with othersdvhh plays well with othersdvhh plays well with othersdvhh plays well with others

I tried to write a basic display for chess game on the kindle, but without the KDK it seems difficult to read chess graphics, so I would have to generate the piexe graphics on the fly.
As for the level, I think I will start with a dumb one for a start, because I am not proficient enough to write an actual AI that have a specific ELO level.
dvhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-04-2011, 07:32 PM   #21
KRorschachZ
Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvhh View Post
I tried to write a basic display for chess game on the kindle, but without the KDK it seems difficult to read chess graphics, so I would have to generate the piexe graphics on the fly.
As for the level, I think I will start with a dumb one for a start, because I am not proficient enough to write an actual AI that have a specific ELO level.
good lucky...
Old 02-10-2011, 05:06 PM   #22
KRorschachZ
Update

chessing¡¡¡

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004KACWZW

chessing¡¡¡

see good. I don´t know what level is max.... on elo. but it´s beatifull.

it´s enormus ... clic here:

Spoiler:

3,25 $ buys
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ajedrez kindle dx screen_shot-44124.GIF
Views:	182
Size:	40.8 KB
ID:	66449  
Old 02-11-2011, 03:46 AM   #23
JonB
JonB doesn't litterJonB doesn't litter

Device: Sony PR-505
Doesn't seem to be available in the UK. Page says "Pricing information not available". Hmm...
JonB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 09:49 AM   #24
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Its already out for US customers. See this thread:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=120889
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 09:59 AM   #25
sereniteit
sereniteit began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirmaru View Post
Its already out for US customers. See this thread:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=120889
I'm sorry but that is not correct. Here in Europe it is not available and still shows that pricing is not available.

A pity :-(
sereniteit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 10:30 AM   #26
montalex
Fanatic
montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KindleDX,Kindle 4, Kindle Keyboard 3G
I just succumbed to temptation and changed my Amazon shipping address to a U.S. one, downloaded Chess, then switched my address back to my Canadian address. I grew up in the U.S., and all of my family are there, so I often have things shipped to them. No reaction yet from Amazon... I've done this in the past, with no more than an interrogatory email from Amazon, asking if I'd moved. They just have to follow international copyright laws, so they have certain guidelines, but I don't thing they are compelled to mete out justice to scofflaws like me.

Chess is very nice!
montalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 11:15 AM   #27
FF2
Wizard
FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: WiFi Kindle3
Quote:
Originally Posted by montalex View Post
I just succumbed to temptation and changed my Amazon shipping address to a U.S. one, downloaded Chess, then switched my address back to my Canadian address. I grew up in the U.S., and all of my family are there, so I often have things shipped to them. No reaction yet from Amazon... I've done this in the past, with no more than an interrogatory email from Amazon, asking if I'd moved. They just have to follow international copyright laws, so they have certain guidelines, but I don't thing they are compelled to mete out justice to scofflaws like me.

Chess is very nice!
Next time you try to enter the US you will be subject to a full body scan including cavity search and your kindle will be erased by electromagnetic pulse. You will be renditioned to some foreign prison and be forced to use a Sony (that will get me in trouble).

Enjoy Chess you lawbreaker, you!
FF2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 01:00 PM   #28
montalex
Fanatic
montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KindleDX,Kindle 4, Kindle Keyboard 3G
Quote:
Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
Next time you try to enter the US you will be subject to a full body scan including cavity search and your kindle will be erased by electromagnetic pulse. You will be renditioned to some foreign prison and be forced to use a Sony (that will get me in trouble).

Enjoy Chess you lawbreaker, you!
Why did I not listen to my inner voice, which clearly whispered, "This is wrong, don't do it."
Now I am going to have to play a lot of chess to make the consequences of my actions seem worth the punishment. Does U.S. immigration allow you to bring your own lubricant? Is there any surfing at Guantanamo Bay?
montalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 01:14 PM   #29
FF2
Wizard
FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: WiFi Kindle3
Quote:
Originally Posted by montalex View Post
Is there any surfing at Guantanamo Bay?
I think they call it waterboarding. Oh, you mean as in wifi - the electric cattle prods are close.
FF2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 02:02 PM   #30
GoSharks
SQUIRREL!!
GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K-Fire, PW2, PW3
I hate to tell you what they use hockey sticks for in Guantanamo.......
GoSharks is offline   Reply With Quote