Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 12-14-2011, 12:48 PM   #16
Schmitti
Enthusiast
Schmitti began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox M92
I was only talking about glossy (or semi-glossy) surfaces. So, will the black M92 have a matte finish or a (semi-) glossy one? Anyway, we mustn't mix-up surface physics (light vs. dark, energy absorption) and the connection to reflective behavior and perception.

But yeah, I tend to agree. A dark casing with matte finish could be superior to one with a light matte finish. But as soon as you get into the whole glossy thing, it's definitely inferior.
Schmitti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 02:31 PM   #17
kamizase
Connoisseur
kamizase doesn't litterkamizase doesn't litterkamizase doesn't litter

Device: Onyx Boox 60
Given the margin cropping function, does a black border make sense? With cropped margins a white border can act nicely as margins.
kamizase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 02:41 PM   #18
Backi
Connoisseur
Backi has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBacki has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBacki has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBacki has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBacki has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBacki has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBacki has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBacki has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBacki has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBacki has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBacki has become a pillar of the MobileRead community

Device: PB912 Matt White
One should distiniguish between the color and the roughness of a surface. Both have influence on the perceived grade of shininess.
Backi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 02:51 PM   #19
Schmitti
Enthusiast
Schmitti began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backi View Post
One should distiniguish between the color and the roughness of a surface. Both have influence on the perceived grade of shininess.
Agree. Surface is the clue, I guess.

Last edited by Schmitti; 12-14-2011 at 02:54 PM.
Schmitti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 03:18 PM   #20
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamizase View Post
Given the margin cropping function, does a black border make sense? With cropped margins a white border can act nicely as margins.
thats why i prefer to use my white Boox 60, M90, PB602,902 and 360. I like the white border acting as the margins
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote