Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-31-2010, 10:58 PM   #1
heyycassie
heyycassie began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone - QuickReader/iBooks
Trouble moving books from Calibre to QuickReader

I purchased QuickReader yesterday for my iPhone 3GS, and have been having a loooot of problems attempting to get my books on to the program. Prior to downloading the program, I used iBooks, and all of my books and my Calibre were set up to send books to my iTunes. When I attempt to connect it to QuickReader, it tells me over and over that it cannot find catalog. I have done everything to try and get it to work, including manually entering various URLs as instructed in QuickReader/Calibre FAQ, and uninstalling Calibre and re-installing it again. I have trouble-shooted it every way that I've found possible (including another post I saw on this forum), and still nothing is working. Is it possible that my router is interfering with the download? Should I try it on another WiFi network? I have also turned off my virus scanners and everything else.

Please help!
heyycassie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 02:39 AM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Did you remember to add /stanza or /pods to the end of the URL? This is required as the Calibre Content Server does not automatically recognise QuickReader as OPDS capable.

If that is not the reason then the other likely culprit is a Firewall. However you can easily check this by seeing if you can connect to the Content Server using Safari on the iPhone.

Last edited by itimpi; 09-01-2010 at 02:42 AM.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert