Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-11-2013, 05:46 AM   #1
icq70610
Enthusiast
icq70610 will become famous soon enoughicq70610 will become famous soon enoughicq70610 will become famous soon enoughicq70610 will become famous soon enoughicq70610 will become famous soon enoughicq70610 will become famous soon enough

Device: PSR505
display Tooltips / PREF. use Calibre Style -> please vrfy.

Hi All,

could please somebody verify the behavior im trying to explain on another LINUX Distro. Im currently running ARCH completely updated. I'm used to bug's in GTK/QT app's with various wrappers but i have never found an issue with the default Calibre style.

Issue:

1) Setting Pref --> Look and Feel --> Use Calibre Interface Style
2) Setting Pref --> Look and Feel --> Use System default

Tooltips, on book's (Hovering with the mouse over a non selected title / author etc ... normally provides the full text of the field.

in Case one 1) Calibre setting i get a yellowish window with white Text which is impossible to read. ... in case 2) system default i get a nice black window with white text.

of course i restarted calibre :-)

for both cases please look at attached screenshot. Normally i would expect issues to be found exactly vise versa. ... on Win XP / 7 i dont see this behaviour.

The Joker
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	calibre_style.jpg
Views:	272
Size:	240.2 KB
ID:	101075   Click image for larger version

Name:	system_style.jpg
Views:	219
Size:	245.5 KB
ID:	101076  

Last edited by icq70610; 02-11-2013 at 06:28 AM.
icq70610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 06:24 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by icq70610 View Post
in Case one 1) Calibre setting i get a yellowish window with white Text which is impossible to read. ... in case 2) system default i get a nice black window with white text.
In Windows 7 I see a yellowish background with black letters for case 1 and I get a whiter window with black letters in case 2.

It seems it may use your system font color with both versions.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-11-2013, 07:16 AM   #3
icq70610
Enthusiast
icq70610 will become famous soon enoughicq70610 will become famous soon enoughicq70610 will become famous soon enoughicq70610 will become famous soon enoughicq70610 will become famous soon enoughicq70610 will become famous soon enough

Device: PSR505
Hi thanks for the quick feedback.

yupp on win 7 i have the same result.

however on LINUX i have "black" as the default font color. except on SHELL level where i prefer white.

So i wait for some other person with a Linux Distro to confirm and than i probably should create a bug report. because on CALIBRE style this shouldnt be happening, to my understanding. I probably will test it on Debian, stable + Kubuntu.

thanks

the Joker
icq70610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 07:20 AM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by icq70610 View Post
So i wait for some other person with a Linux Distro to confirm and than i probably should create a bug report. because on CALIBRE style this shouldnt be happening, to my understanding. I probably will test it on Debian, stable + Kubuntu.
Are you installing the official version via calibre's download page? Repository versions are not supported.

Good Luck.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote